Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

My laptop companion. Everyday Chloe sits next to me watching while I surf the net. She just likes the mouse cursor movements, scrolling of the webpages, youtube videos and movies/tv shows.

PXL-20220606-195851480.jpg
Is showing her that part of a tactic to make her think you're not so bad after all?

When I come home late after a gig, my cat and I go for a stroll together through the neighbourhood. He’s usually outside when I get home but as soon as he notices I’m back he’ll come barrelling through the cat flap and come straight to the front door, full of eager intention.

He doesn’t walk close to me, instead he bounds ahead or lurks behind, accompanies me alongside under the parked cars or through the gardens. If I lose sight of him I stop and give a two-tone whistle. Sometimes he likes to trick me by disappearing, and when I’ve whistled for a while he suddenly pops up under my feet or sneaks past me from a behind a garden wall, making sure to bump me as he passes so I know he’s there.

I keep a steady pace and if he’s hanging behind for some reason, he’ll then run to catch up to me and overtakes me, close enough to brush my leg as he passes.

We walk familiar territory and he shows me his routes through the estates, disappearing round corners and appearing again further on, looking for me over his shoulder. Sometimes I’ll turn a corner and he’ll hold back, so I know we’re venturing off his patch. Then I’ll go really slow and give him time to decide if he’s comfortable. If he is, he’ll stick pretty close to me and then the next time we walk that way, he’s much more confident so I guess he goes back to that place and explores it on his own. A couple of time’s he’s been really reluctant so I’ve turned back and we’ve gone a different way.

He doesn’t like human activity so he’ll cross the street to avoid people or go along underneath the parked cars. Occasionally someone will notice that I’m accompanied by a cat “Hey! There’s a cat following you!” or “There he is! Are you looking for your cat? He’s there!” .

We always walk a circular path, and when we’re heading home he’ll often lay down and wait in an effort to delay getting home.

The foxes are really curious, sometimes they follow at a distance. Sometimes my cat and the fox will have a staring contest.

I’m glad to say he seems really street savvy, never goes near a car with the engine running and always waits for cars to pass before moving on.

I tried taking sone photos the other day but they look like shit, so you’ve got this little vignette instead.

When I come home late after a gig, my cat and I go for a stroll together through the neighbourhood. He’s usually outside when I get home but as soon as he notices I’m back he’ll come barrelling through the cat flap and come straight to the front door, full of eager intention.

He doesn’t walk close to me, instead he bounds ahead or lurks behind, accompanies me alongside under the parked cars or through the gardens. If I lose sight of him I stop and give a two-tone whistle. Sometimes he likes to trick me by disappearing, and when I’ve whistled for a while he suddenly pops up under my feet or sneaks past me from a behind a garden wall, making sure to bump me as he passes so I know he’s there.

I keep a steady pace and if he’s hanging behind for some reason, he’ll then run to catch up to me and overtakes me, close enough to brush my leg as he passes.

We walk familiar territory and he shows me his routes through the estates, disappearing round corners and appearing again further on, looking for me over his shoulder. Sometimes I’ll turn a corner and he’ll hold back, so I know we’re venturing off his patch. Then I’ll go really slow and give him time to decide if he’s comfortable. If he is, he’ll stick pretty close to me and then the next time we walk that way, he’s much more confident so I guess he goes back to that place and explores it on his own. A couple of time’s he’s been really reluctant so I’ve turned back and we’ve gone a different way.

He doesn’t like human activity so he’ll cross the street to avoid people or go along underneath the parked cars. Occasionally someone will notice that I’m accompanied by a cat “Hey! There’s a cat following you!” or “There he is! Are you looking for your cat? He’s there!” .

We always walk a circular path, and when we’re heading home he’ll often lay down and wait in an effort to delay getting home.

The foxes are really curious, sometimes they follow at a distance. Sometimes my cat and the fox will have a staring contest.

I’m glad to say he seems really street savvy, never goes near a car with the engine running and always waits for cars to pass before moving on.

I tried taking sone photos the other day but they look like shit, so you’ve got this little vignette instead.
That's really cool, thanks for sharing. And for future reference, no such thing as a shit cat pic!

I am pleased to report that my cat food delivery balls-up has now been resolved completely to my satisfaction - incorrect parcel collected for return, correct parcel delivered.

Although I was panicking a bit on Saturday, it has all worked out fine - their customer service was wonderful when I got to speak to someone and sorted it out politely without a quibble, they phoned back every time they said they would do and kept me informed.

The downside is that their customer service only operates office hours Monday-Friday and I think I am just a little too used to being able to contact a company right away if things go wrong.
The massive upside is that my £66 order would have cost £85 from Pets@Home
I think having office hours only customer service is worth the savings, now I know how good they are about rectifying an error - just bad luck really that it took place at a weekend and I couldn't progress it until Monday.

So as everything has been resolved to my satisfaction, I am now happy to order from Pet Drugs Online again and to recommend them to others - I would suggest make sure you order goods in plenty of time rather than leaving it til the last minute due to restricted customer service hours. A mistake was made but was rectified and the savings are worth it.

I am pleased to report that my cat food delivery balls-up has now been resolved completely to my satisfaction - incorrect parcel collected for return, correct parcel delivered.

Although I was panicking a bit on Saturday, it has all worked out fine - their customer service was wonderful when I got to speak to someone and sorted it out politely without a quibble, they phoned back every time they said they would do and kept me informed.

The downside is that their customer service only operates office hours Monday-Friday and I think I am just a little too used to being able to contact a company right away if things go wrong.
The massive upside is that my £66 order would have cost £85 from Pets@Home
I think having office hours only customer service is worth the savings, now I know how good they are about rectifying an error - just bad luck really that it took place at a weekend and I couldn't progress it until Monday.

So as everything has been resolved to my satisfaction, I am now happy to order from Pet Drugs Online again and to recommend them to others - I would suggest make sure you order goods in plenty of time rather than leaving it til the last minute due to restricted customer service hours. A mistake was made but was rectified and the savings are worth it.
I just had a similar situation with the pet insurance. I usually go to the Tottenham branch of my vet practice but when Lilith had her cold a couple of weeks ago, they had no appointments and sent me to Stoke Newington. Stokey only have two members of staff at the moment due to Covid absences and it took them longer than usual to process the claim form, but they were lovely when I chased them yesterday (as prompted by Petplan) and got an email from PP to confirm they've processed my payment today!

Was the food bowl actually empty, or was it a feline matter of principle? :D

Principle, Epona.
He doesn’t like it if it’s been on the plate for more than about four hours. Much prefers it fresh from the bag.

In an ongoing quarrel of attrition, I’ll add smaller and smaller amounts of fresh biscuits to the plate, which he nibbles off the top, until he’s hungry enough to tackle the nasty stale biscuits. When the plate is clean he gets a half scoop of all fresh biscuits, which he’ll polish off with gusto, ask for just a little more, which he’ll then pick through and leave to go “stale”.

He gets a lovely portion of proper wet food every day too.
but, yunno, cats.

Last edited:
Typically when cats roll onto their back it is apparently an invitation to stroke their head/face/chin rather than their tummy, we just misinterpret it. So possibly going in for a tummy rub is a bit of a surprise to some cats!

That would explain a lot! 😅

Back
Top Bottom