Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Another afternoon RnR day for Chloe and Akiro

PXL-20220610-114821905-1.jpg

Epona and others who were interested in weighing a cat and the scales we use, sorry it took me so long to respond to this but this is what you want and it's available from Amazon

etekcity luggage scales

I actually went out and bought some scales this morning! It is the Salter Ultimate Accuracy Electronic Scale which I checked, is accurate to 50g.
If anyone is thinking of buying bathroom scales for this, do check, as most of the lower-end ones are 250g but this is a more accurate affordable one (£24 from Argos).

So I was able to weigh Jakey to check which flea treatment dose to get, am now confident that he is 4.2kg +/- 50g and can still have the large cat dose.
If I weigh him on these once a week I can now at least have some idea of ongoing weight loss and spot any acceleration (although it does seem to have stabilised a bit, thank fuck - he's a bit skinny but he hasn't got a lot skinnier in the last couple of months). :)

I had to pick him up and weigh us together and then weigh myself, I am now feeling extremely depressed and miserable, it's been a while since I weighed myself and I am not happy :(

Epona and others who were interested in weighing a cat and the scales we use, sorry it took me so long to respond to this but this is what you want and it's available from Amazon

etekcity luggage scales

surely there's a niche, and they could market the etekcity kitty scales...

I had to pick him up and weigh us together and then weigh myself, I am now feeling extremely depressed and miserable, it's been a while since I weighed myself and I am not happy :(

:(

And another from last night's sojourn.

20220611_165205.jpg

I did try to get some of him walking along behind and ahead of me, but it’s not possible. He darts about and is not interested in being still.

”It’s a walk, so we’re walking! Keep up! (Unless I’m delaying the return to base, in which case I’m going to lie here for a while…..)”

ETA Note how he deliberately looks away from me as part of the delaying process. If he doesn’t see me, I don’t exist. So he can’t register my intentions.

However, a couple of times recently he has laid down almost between my feet. I’ve not worked out what that’s about (maybe for security as we approach an unfamiliar space).

Last edited:
Awww! How old is he? He looks so kittenlike but I know he can't be because I remember you posting about him at least a year ago.
Yes, he's about eight but he is quite kitten-like. Am biased though of course! I need to post another one of him with his eyes open again soon, not happening often at the moment though, he likes to sleep in the warmer weather.

Yes, he's about eight but he is quite kitten-like. Am biased though of course! I need to post another one of him with his eyes open again soon, not happening often at the moment though, he likes to sleep in the warmer weather.
Lilith's the same, even though she's coming up to her second birthday in August. She and Arnold probably still get asked for ID in the cat offy!

And another from last night's sojourn.

View attachment 326773

I did try to get some of him walking along behind and ahead of me, but it’s not possible. He darts about and is not interested in being still.

”It’s a walk, so we’re walking! Keep up! (Unless I’m delaying the return to base, in which case I’m going to lie here for a while…..)”

ETA Note how he deliberately looks away from me as part of the delaying process. If he doesn’t see me, I don’t exist. So he can’t register my intentions.

However, a couple of times recently he has laid down almost between my feet. I’ve not worked out what that’s about (maybe for security as we approach an unfamiliar space).
He's positively posing!

Back
Top Bottom