Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Looks like we might have a six dinner Sid on our hands :hmm: He's been visiting my next door neighbour and making himself very comfortable :mad: :D Fortunately she doesn't mind and she's promised to tell me if he's nicking her cats food or hassling them. Little sod :mad: :D

For a bit of added privacy I got FiFi a "high back" litter tray - the back of the litter tray is a good foot tall

Explain to me - how the fuck can a "lady cat" MISS THE FUCKING TRAY and manage to empty the entire contents of her bladder - which is a goodly amount it must be said OVER a wine rack - this has now resulted in the following being thrown away:-

Half bottle of Pernod - not mine, it's Mrs Voltz's and it looked like piss when it was being poured away - so not a great loss for me tbh
Half bottle of blackcurrant cordial (as above)
1 bottle of Heston's Winter cider
1 bottle of Christmas wine
1 bottle Wine - not great but it's a bottle of wine ffs

For Sale - one cat - will post

On the plus side - it's getting boring stroke Clive now - he's so much more confident with me around - I've been leaving him and FiFi in the house and with access to the outside for a couple of weeks now - the relationship, whilst not perfect, it much better - it's only when you include Casper in the mix that Clive reverts to being a bit of a nobhead

So two down, one to go - and it's coming up to 1 year since we got the boys, that'll mean it's just about 1 year since we got FiFi

And it's over 13 months since we lost Bobbie <sigh> we both miss Bobbie terribly

But a note to all of you who have lost pets - it does get better, really it does

Why??? Did she pee into the bottles? :D

Peggy has 2 large trays to herself. She still misses occasionally. She misses wee in the one by the back door, and she misses poo in the other one. Not all the time, but often enough to be annoying.

She poos once every 2 days. When she does, both get cleaned out with all the accumulated wee from the past two days, and the trays wiped down with cat litter cleaner, and topped up with fresh litter. When it starts to look suspect, the whole thing gets chucked and the tray given a hot soapy wash, and refilled fresh. Her trays rarely smell. Not sure if she just gets confused, if it's her age (she's only 11), I don't think it's her mobility (she can leap from the windowsill across the bedroom and onto the bed; she does somersaults for her toys), it might be the style of tray (standard large non-lidded), she doesn't seem to mind the litter itself.

As of yet she's not managed to ruin a wine wrack, so it's all good :thumbs:

Carpet poos twice a day. :mad:

Not surprising as he's a right trougher. No more wasted food here.

Explain to me - how the fuck can a "lady cat" MISS THE FUCKING TRAY and manage to empty the entire contents of her bladder - which is a goodly amount it must be said OVER a wine rack - this has now resulted in the following being thrown away:-

Sonic is horrible for missing the tray, he doesn't like getting litter on his little princess feet :rolleyes: so perches on the edge of the tray - and sometimes faces the wrong way with his rear end hanging out of the tray rather than over the litter :facepalm:

I'm grateful mine do the cat flap. Mine actually tend to toilet in my garden. I comically watched one of them going yesterday.

I cried at roast chicken the other day cos it was Sachin's favourite. They never leave you x

hmmmm.

i got 2 new trays on the suggestions of one tray per cat plus 1. both cats ignore the old tray that is in the place furthest from where anyone sits or sleeps and the most convenint to clean. she has chosen the one that guarantees everyone gets to smell whenever she goes, that she scrapes and scrapes at for ages and the bloody huge cat with the enormous appetite has picked the postage stamp size tray that he really can stand next to and hit the other end of it.

Mousch wees in the tray and poos next to it. Apparently it's a hangover from when she and Cilla was in dispute as to who owned the house when we moved here. She never did it in the old house, so we didn't think to give them a tray each when we moved. Now that Cilla has gone, she is much happier but still feels the need to assert herself through the medium of shit.

Much newspaper is used in this house.

The cats are currently doing their charging round like idiots thing. Well Sonic and Jakey are, Radar is curled up in bed with OH.

Oh I forgot to say, when I took Sonic to see the new vet the other day, the vet looked at him and stroked him and then picked him up to put him on the scales to weigh him and said (in a very heavy Spanish accent) "Oh my god, he is so heavy. I look at him I think there is nothing there, really skinny cat, then I pick him up and he is much heavier than he looks". He's 5kg and looks really skinny - it's all in the muscles :D

Reactions: CRI
One of mine (Delilah) has a funny little habit of being properly put out if anyone comes round she doesn't know. She will come and sit near to me but make sure she turns her head away from me, even if I try and attend to her. It creases me up - she did it this morning when the man came about the mice. She looked so put out and angry!

hmmmm.

i got 2 new trays on the suggestions of one tray per cat plus 1. both cats ignore the old tray that is in the place furthest from where anyone sits or sleeps and the most convenint to clean. she has chosen the one that guarantees everyone gets to smell whenever she goes, that she scrapes and scrapes at for ages and the bloody huge cat with the enormous appetite has picked the postage stamp size tray that he really can stand next to and hit the other end of it.

He is a bit of a hooverpig, isn't he?

WP_20150407_023.jpg WP_20150822_14_58_18_Pro.jpg

Martha has gone missing. toggle Bakunin can you keep an eye out please at work and on local facebook page etc. She went out last Friday and we haven't seen her since. A few local shops have had visits but none confirmed since Monday. One shop has been feeding her a few treats mainly because someone spread a load of bullshit about us not feeding or looking after her. Somebody went in the pet shop to buy treats for her and said she was a stray but the owner (who had seen me taking her home previously) said the cat had an owner and the treat buyer walked off. This is quite possibly the same person who has been telling the other shop we were neglecting her, putting letters through our door asking if we still want her with a phone number to ring if we don't (the person on the end of the phone had no idea who it was from and said it sounded like someone trying to make trouble) and probably took the name, phone number etc out of her collar and didn't put it back. Some nights we leave her overnight due to work commitments but always with plenty of food, water etc and if she happens to be out we leave food in the garage where she can get at it. We also have friends, family and even the postman who keep an eye on her for us. Perhaps it is not perfect but would they rather she was left to live in the car park she was found in again hungry, thirsty and scared? or locked in 24/7? Perhaps they could actually talk to us instead of sending shitty letters with strangers phone numbers and talking crap.

View attachment 84288 View attachment 84289

Martha has gone missing. toggle Bakunin can you keep an eye out please at work and on local facebook page etc. She went out last Friday and we haven't seen her since. A few local shops have had visits but none confirmed since Monday. One shop has been feeding her a few treats mainly because someone spread a load of bullshit about us not feeding or looking after her. Somebody went in the pet shop to buy treats for her and said she was a stray but the owner (who had seen me taking her home previously) said the cat had an owner and the treat buyer walked off. This is quite possibly the same person who has been telling the other shop we were neglecting her, putting letters through our door asking if we still want her with a phone number to ring if we don't (the person on the end of the phone had no idea who it was from and said it sounded like someone trying to make trouble) and probably took the name, phone number etc out of her collar and didn't put it back. Some nights we leave her overnight due to work commitments but always with plenty of food, water etc and if she happens to be out we leave food in the garage where she can get at it. We also have friends, family and even the postman who keep an eye on her for us. Perhaps it is not perfect but would they rather she was left to live in the car park she was found in again hungry, thirsty and scared? or locked in 24/7? Perhaps they could actually talk to us instead of sending shitty letters with strangers phone numbers and talking crap.

We'll certainly keep an eye out for her. I'd also suggest ringing round Cornwall's shelters as well to let them know in case she's been brought in by anyone. If this is part of ongoing harassment then a visit to your local plod might be in order. Cat Protection League Cornwall can be found here:

Contact Us

We'll certainly keep an eye out for her. I'd also suggest ringing round Cornwall's shelters as well to let them know in case she's been brought in by anyone. If this is part of ongoing harassment then a visit to your local plod might be in order. Cat Protection League Cornwall can be found here:

Contact Us
Thanks. Hopefully she is still in the area and just found someone with more food than sense. Posters going up in the morning. If no luck I'll ring around on Monday.

Thanks. Hopefully she is still in the area and just found someone with more food than sense. Posters going up in the morning. If no luck I'll ring around on Monday.

stick some flyers through doors. ask people to check sheds etc.

ring round local vets.

if she's chipped, make sure the chip company has an up to date phone number.

call the rescues, not just the local, but iirc where you are out west, up as far as here, newquay and st austell. cats will get in vans/cars etc.

fayemissing.jpg

stick some flyers through doors. ask people to check sheds etc.

ring round local vets.

if she's chipped, make sure the chip company has an up to date phone number.

call the rescues, not just the local, but iirc where you are out west, up as far as here, newquay and st austell. cats will get in vans/cars etc.
Phone numbers up to date. Will get on that. Thanks for all the info.

My* cat Doris has a new perch. She loves being up high and she cleans up any cobwebs that I can reach while she's looking for spiders :cool:

oayzqvF.jpg

*She's not actually my cat. She lives two doors away but they don't seem to care about her so she comes here and I feed her and let her sleep over. I'm a bit worried that I've become a Crazy Cat Man/kidnapper, but she's too cute to say no to.

CNT36 when you do call the rescues, do mention the notes and stuff that you got. cause it may not just be you they are targetting.

also, do ask if they will put her pic on their facebook etc.

Back
Top Bottom