Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup time off work

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
So, who's taking what time off work?

I've already booked the England group games off (I'm supersitious about booking any of the later stage games off :hmm: ) but I'm thinking about booking some other time off to catch some of the good games (e.g. Portugal v Brazil at 15:00 on the 25th).

Who are you skiving to watch?

With Wimbledon on at the same time, could be a good summer :cool:

There's only one England group game that infringes on 'work time' isn't there?

There's only one England group game that infringes on 'work time' isn't there?
Yeah, the afternoon game on the 23rd, but I booked the 18th off too even though the game's at 19:30 :oops:

I may change things though - I'd actually booked the time off work for something else so don't need the whole week now.

Looking at it, that Portugal/Brazil game looks like the only afternoon game I really want to see.

Looks like I'm flying back from Crete on the 23rd so I'll miss that one. I won't be booking any time off for other games.

<edit2add> Might see if I can find somewhere interesting to watch Greece v Argentina on the 22nd though! :D

We have Sky Sports on 50" flat screens around the office :)

What's Sky got to do with the World Cup?

As for me, well I'm field based so set my own diary. I may be working from home on that Wednesday..........

What's Sky got to do with the World Cup?

As for me, well I'm field based so set my own diary. I may be working from home on that Wednesday..........

Not many offices come with TV aerials... so it's through Sky and a dish. ;) I'm aware it's on BBC/ITV.

We can't afford flash screens so we're getting our service users to re-enact the games for us, in the carpark, in exchange for cans of white ace. What they lack in skill they make up for in enthusiasm and reckless tackles.

Our work is also showing it but it's a bit pointless cos Ireland got put out. I will be watching England's first match with my old English uni friend who I haven't seen in over a year, he plans on painting my face red and white and draping me in a St. George's flag. :hmm: :D

I'm hoping that the Jobcentre will considerately reschedule my signing-on time so as not to interfere with any crucial World Cup ties.

If not, I demand that they install 50" plasmas and relax the no alcohol rule as a compromise.

for the group stages there arnt any major games i am totally interrested in other than Group C for the England games (obviously) and Group G as the games between Brazil, Portugal and Ivory coast will be good clashes

Yeah, there really are few weekday afternoon games that are worth it.

I might book QF week off work instead - that way I (theoretically) see the better teams play each other and get to watch the second week of Wimbledon :cool:

I think I'm going to have to concede defeat on the lunchtime kickoffs, but if I get into work at 7am and leave at 3pm straight to the nearest pub I can get in both the later group games without really cutting into my flexi time.

Back
Top Bottom