Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup 2018

Anyone doing a sweep at work? I'm running ours, £2 a team £30 the winner, £18 Runner up. £11 third, wooden spoon award for worst overall record £5.

I pulled out Uruguay and Sweden...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
aKjey1O_460s.jpg

Anyone doing a sweep at work? I'm running ours, £2 a team £30 the winner, £18 Runner up. £11 third, wooden spoon award for worst overall record £5.

Australia for me. If we don't get 32 entrants I'll probably buy a second team, as there's no worst team award, just first, second and third.

Uruguay aren't a bad team and they are in a very winnable group

I have been unable to garner enough punters for my sweepstake in this place. oh well. I had a plan to use their cash and spread bet my way into GUARANTEED profit. its *virtually risk free

*virtually meaning I may lose all of the punters money

True, and we've changed the prizes to let group winners have their money back so I might recoup that.

Got 4 teams left in ours to flog, Brazil still not been chosen.
We need a group predictions sub thread , first and second in each group. Top goal scorer sub thread etc

World Cup’s new rules are not a problem to me, says Dele Alli

Bit of a can of worms this one - if done consistently can be a positive development.
dunno why the Graun have framed the article around Alli specifically, considering the amount of diving and professional fouls committed by the usual suspects for Argentina, Germany, Spain, Portugal (Ramos, Pepe in particular) etc.
Surely it does Englands style of play a favour - but as I said, consistency* will be key imo.

*No doubt Pepe will kick the oppo all over the park in Portugal's first game, with no retribution from the officials - then the first signs of trouble from any England player we'll see the red cards handed out like toffees :hmm:

#fifaconspiracywatch

Last edited:

Bit of a can of worms this one - if done consistently can be a positive development.
dunno why the Graun have framed the article around Alli specifically, considering the amount of diving and professional fouls committed by the usual suspects for Argentina, Germany, Spain, Portugal (Ramos, Pepe in particular) etc.
Surely it does Englands style of play a favour - but as I said, consistency* will be key imo.

*No doubt Pepe will kick the oppo all over the park in Portugal's first game, with no retribution from the officials - then the first signs of trouble from any England player we'll see the red cards handed out like toffees :hmm:

#fifaconspiracywatch
Yeah, all of that really. I think the use of VARS is positive and, to be honest, was inevitable - and this is a logical extension of it. But VARS has proved a bit messy, inconsistent and slow in a couple of cases. A World Cup doesn't seem the right time to try out these retrospective in-game punishments.

Yeah, all of that really. I think the use of VARS is positive and, to be honest, was inevitable - and this is a logical extension of it. But VARS has proved a bit messy, inconsistent and slow in a couple of cases. A World Cup doesn't seem the right time to try out these retrospective in-game punishments.
... though, if the gods of football look kindly upon us, I look forward to Ramos, Suarez and a couple of others wailing and gnashing their teeth after getting retrospective red cards. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom