Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Cup 2018 Fantasy Football

You don't need to make transfers if you picked a good team to start with. Why wouldn't you go with two defenders who play for one of the best defensive teams in Europe (A. Madrid) and also play for the best team in the worst group plus their GK? 3 clean sheets yes please :thumbs:

My mate at work is having a 'mare of a day. Brought in Cheryshev, who scored an own goal and was subbed before half time, and now Ronaldo, who he also brought in this round, just missed a penalty.

Dear, oh dear... :D ;)

"and it's all gone quiet over there"

Have you all given up because of how much better I am than the rest of you?

binkais.jpg

Just done all my transfers for the round of 16 and I'm even more confident than I was for the group stages...and you all know how that panned out :thumbs:

Third on points for week 3. My aim of not being last despite missing the opening round of matches is on!

Just done all my transfers for the round of 16 and I'm even more confident than I was for the group stages...and you all know how that panned out :thumbs:
The group stages is for luring noobs in because it's easy to do well. Wind your neck in until the QF :thumbs:

I'm worried I've gone too obvious and don't have much in the way of differentials. 10 minutes to ponder if I should twist with a French attacker...

It doesn't make sense to pick defensive or holding midfielders. You should be picking playmakers and goal scorers

It doesn't make sense to pick defensive or holding midfielders. You should be picking playmakers and goal scorers
Yep, the only time you should pick DMs is if you've gone premium everywhere else and can't afford another AM. In that case, get a nailed on DM and they should be cheap and be a backup in case your premium AMs blank or don't start.

Well, danke Hummels und Werner. You fucked up the group stages for me :mad:

Been dutifully making my transfers but I too far gone now.

Strategy in utter fucking tatters :facepalm: :facepalm: :D

Thought Courtois was the best bet for a clean sheet, even though I was momentarily eyeing up Inui. Lukaku suddenly gone dry, just like Costa and Coutinho.

Bring back FPL!! :( :( ;)

I should have quit after the group's. I'll be surprised if anyone gets fewer points than me this round

wtf. I'd climbed up to 6th with 122 points before that Belgium v Brazil game and now I'm down to last palce with 111 points :confused:

A quick look at the rules and I'm miffed as to how I've lost points, as none of my players have done any of the following:
Conceding a penalty** -1
Penalty miss -2
For every two goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender -1
Yellow card -1
Red card (includes yellow card deduction) -3
Own goal scored -2

So what's going on?

*fantasy football newbie alert.

wtf. I'd climbed up to 6th with 122 points before that Belgium v Brazil game and now I'm down to last palce with 111 points :confused:

A quick look at the rules and I'm miffed as to how I've lost points, as none of my players have done any of the following:
Conceding a penalty** -1
Penalty miss -2
For every two goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender -1
Yellow card -1
Red card (includes yellow card deduction) -3
Own goal scored -2

So what's going on?

*fantasy football newbie alert.
Did you sub out your high scoring players?

Kante is the fourth most selected midfielder in the game :facepalm: :confused: I get he's a good player, but not in this game!
Still got my wild card and bench boost to play, things are looking good :thumbs:
Eesh, keep forgetting to play these! Bench boost may have to wait for the final, don't have the free transfers to get rid of all the players from knocked out teams.

Back
Top Bottom