Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you continue using a face mask after 19 July?

Will you continue to use a mask in certain situations after 19 July?

• Yes

Votes: 213 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
We’re in the middle of the exponentially increasing spread of a new variant which our measures (such as they were) and vaccines were not designed to work against.

I’ll be keeping my mask on. I’ll continue to make them. I upped the standard of what I make them out of earlier this year when it became obvious I’d need something that protects me as well as others.

I find the people saying they won’t bother if it’s not against the rules anymore quite depressing and honestly, disappointing. I’ve been doing what I’ve been doing out of care and respect for myself and other people, not because I was told to.

idly wondering what happened to that other poster whose tactic was to put everyone on ignore. guess eventually they ran out of people to dismiss as rude and put on ignore ?
It’s interesting to look back on just a day or so and see the people who are unable to engage without resorting to personal verbal abuse.

I’ve been in urban 75 for years and you would have hoped it was a bit better than the behaviour you see on Twitter but it isn’t at all the case. It’s mainly why I dip in and out because it’s just the same bullying here if you are not part of the echo chamber.

If you care about these things there is a classic example of bullying on this thread. People being abusive and then asking to be put on ignore so as to bond with other bullies against a target.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the problem is with you...

Personally have found your contributions to this thread consistently offensive and not worth engaging with. And I’m really not surprised to see people taking umbrage at your tone. Both content and delivery are off. But whatever. Not my circus.

Ok
Has it occurred to you that perhaps the problem is with you...

Personally have found your contributions to this thread consistently offensive and not worth engaging with. And I’m really not surprised to see people taking umbrage at your tone. Both content and delivery are off. But whatever. Not my circus.
Ah so it’s my fault! There’s a word for that too

LynnDoyleCooper if you (or anybody else) can't debate & disagree without insults I will put you on ignore.

The evidence that wearing a mask does anything to protect the wearer or those they are around is not clear. I detest them, I find them oppressive and their removal of dignity and individualism really effects me. Therefore in the absence of evidence I will not wear one.

Individual freedoms have been entirely removed by government in the last 16 months. In their fear, purposely engendered by scientists, government and MSM I think many people have been quite comfortable with this totalitarianism. Now we are getting freedoms back, I believe the shrieking about masks and the common good in the last day or so on social medi is somewhere to direct the fear. I understand this and I think masks are a comfort for people. I will respect and not judge anybody who still wants to wear a mask while exercising my right not to.

Hate the damn things but have been wearing them for 12 hour days at work. And will continue to do so, as long as selfish conspiracy types continue to believe that preventitive measures are somehow taking their freedoms away.

It’s interesting to look back on just a day or so and see the people who are unable to engage without resorting to personal verbal abuse.

I’ve been in urban 75 for years and you would have hoped it was a bit better than the behaviour you see on Twitter but it isn’t at all the case. It’s mainly why I dip in and out because it’s just the same bullying here if you are not part of the echo chamber.

If you care about these things there is a classic example of bullying on this thread. People being abusive and then asking to be put on ignore so as to bond with other bullies against a target.
i think what's happened is just that people are taking out the anger that they feel towards millions of others who are not here (people who who share your ideas about there having been a vast concerted conspiracy etc) at you cos you are. Don't think its personal & do think its over the top tbh.
My next door neighbours are 100 times more nuts than you (the whole virus is some sort of evil plan etc) and maybe its cathartic to have a go at you cos I'm not brave enough to tell them what i think of them, because they live right there.

i think what's happened is just that people are taking out the anger that they feel towards millions of others who are not here (people who who share your ideas about there having been a vast concerted conspiracy etc) at you cos you are. Don't think its personal & do think its over the top tbh.
My next door neighbours are 100 times more nuts than you (the whole virus is some sort of evil plan etc) and maybe its cathartic to have a go at you cos I'm not brave enough to tell them what i think of them, because they live right there.

And Retro's not saying anything that millions of others don't think. The issue with U75 has always been that the posters here see it as an example of real life, when in actuality this place is primarily populated by misfits and weirdos who are about as in touch with reality as the Tooth Fairy.

Back
Top Bottom