Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

why the bbc is going down the pan

Do you know the German translation Sas? Just checking you know what you're nodding your head to.
My comment has nothing to do with 'Arbeit macht Frei', it has to do with the mental health benefits of being amongst other people etc. There are more benefits to going out to work than simply cash.

My comment has nothing to do with 'Arbeit macht Frei', it has to do with the mental health benefits of being amongst other people etc. There are more benefits to going out to work than simply cash.
So on a thread that's raised its head ostensibly as a result of a statement around contemporary language echoing that of 1930s Germany, you thought it a good idea to introduce a not even tangentially related topic by unironically agreeing with a statement which was knowingly and deliberately... echoing the language of 1930s Germany. Bravo 👏

So on a thread that's raised its head ostensibly as a result of a statement around contemporary language echoing that of 1930s Germany, you thought it a good idea to introduce a not even tangentially related topic by unironically agreeing with a statement which was knowingly and deliberately... echoing the language of 1930s Germany. Bravo 👏

It was a passing thought. Now piss off and annoy someone else.

Have you not met Sas before?

Small in the scheme of things but this is a moronic headline

It makes it sound like he's been randomly plucked from a field when actually he is a knighted internationally famous conductor.

It’s John Elliot Gardiner. He’s famous. I have several CDs he conducted. What a bizarre way to frame the story!

Didn’t know about his Dad though! 😱

I'd quite like to get hold of a copy of below book, sounds like an interesting focal point for a read-up on routes into fascism in interwar Britain. And the intersection of the green movement and fascism, which is seeing something of a resurgence (er, obviously that is not a blanket criticism of environmentalism). Just... academic book prices.

I think who ever is putting the captions on screen is very slow and not paying attention or just cant be bothered

It appears that the BBC were "not paying attention" last month either:

BBC issues grovelling apology for mistaking Viola Davis for Beyoncé in Grammys blunder

67412073-11722191-image-m-21_1675769809224.jpg
67412079-11722191-image-m-23_1675769825573.jpg

"They all look the same" to the BBC?

Back
Top Bottom