Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why Labour are Scum

Meanwhile...the SIndy frontpage says (apparently)..

7451ab36-3f9a-46ee-a1c3-0e074623db8a_zpscbkhx2iv.png

"The cunt factor"?

fireside chats

Room 101 - well, it would be nice to think so.

Tbf, Labour were never going to enter into a coalition with the SNP. A confidence and supply arrangement is as far as it's going to go. The Toxics have been 'over-egging the pudding' as was demonstrated by that ridiculous poster they revealed last week.

Now the Tories and the DUP and UKIP, that's a different matter...

The political defection is an ancient British political tradition. I'm old enough to remember Reg Prentice who was in Wilson's cabinet, defected to the greatest political party that ever was or will be, and was then in Thatcher's cabinet.
Ah, yes, the case of Reg Prentice and Dr Lewis (or Dr Death, as I call him these days).
https://pinkindustry.wordpress.com/...n-defence-and-strategic-studies/reg-prentice/

The Labour Party has been corrupted through infiltration.

So, there were no unemployed members of the nascent labour party when it was forming?

the ironic thing is she actually states some positive things such as clamping down on sanction targets, etc, though will of course keep sanctions.

Reeves is treading in difficult political territory, eager to highlight the fallout from the government’s austerity policies without appearing to be soft on the rising cost of welfare.

is it rising, Amelia Gentleman is usually a scrupulous journalist, but this sounds like Tory speak.

So, there were no unemployed members of the nascent labour party when it was forming?

the ironic thing is she actually states some positive things such as clamping down on sanction targets, etc, though will of course keep sanctions.
fyi: there were no members of the labour party until it was formed.

Labour has committed to maintaining the Conservatives’ overall £26,000 benefit cap, and a Labour government would look at lowering this cap, in parts of the country outside London, where housing is cheaper. “It is right that people shouldn’t be able to get more on benefits than they do in work. You have to be able to show people that the welfare state is fair,” she said.

FFS, they are going to introduce regional benefit caps, what level is Reeves going to set it at, in say Hull?

profoundly depressing, but revealing. Would Labour have told the Jarrow marchers they were a load of feckless scroungers? :mad: The idea that the unemployed might be very "hard working people" who have lost their job and can't find another....doesn't occur to them. If you're on benefits, whoever you are and whatever you've done, you're shit, worthless. I'm really fucking angry.

profoundly depressing, but revealing. Would Labour have told the Jarrow marchers they were a load of feckless scroungers? :mad: The idea that the unemployed might be very "hard working people" who have lost their job and can't find another....doesn't occur to them. If you're on benefits, whoever you are and whatever you've done, you're shit, worthless. I'm really fucking angry.
but you're not going to leave the labour party over this when you've stayed in it for so many other things.

I'm going to fight this idea of what the party is, and who it represents.

It's simple. "Hard-working people" isn't about representing labour, organised or otherwise, any more. It's about representing the interests of those elements of the middle classes that hold swing votes in swing constituencies. it's about appealing to a minority, and taking the core vote - the voters that gave Reeves her safe seat - for granted.

Yes will that's one major reason I've argued PR is necessary to start unwinding that skewing of priorities. But it's also part of these people's worldview," there are three classes: the rich, the aspiring and the feckless. And we look down on the feckless poor, because their aspirations aren't ours."

I didn't say it was the whole solution but a system which encourages the party to maximise support in w/c areas would make them less susceptible to crude chasing of swing vote. That's obvious maybe, but still worth remembering.

Back
Top Bottom