Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

why has freedom of speech become the home to absolute turds

I started out the day in a great mood, went to the gym for a run and i now feel deppressed and like shit again thanks to you. Its not on.

He's got form for it, I'm afraid. Put him on ignore. He'll still persist (for his audience) but you don't have to read his shit anymore.

Sorry about your troubles.
Thankyou, i wont be intimidated by him/her i will pull them up everytime they try to upset or undermie me. I dont mind being pulled up on things, but hes not interested in helping you understand or clarify, he just wants to belittle as is clear by his style and emojos.

Anyway, back on topic. Freedom of speech is a luxury we have, when you consider people are being imprisoned and tortured in parts of the world for expressing their views. So, as much as some of it annoys the living piss out of me,I'd rather we had it than restrictions.

Jesus the last thing i want is drama..i just want to try and fit in. Not much to ask. Leaving the thread now, plesae dont respond pickmans.

i do have knowledge of the law stop being a bellend, it was a while ago and some areas im more familiar with than others. Like i said, i lost all interest when i lost my family and my career, my life fell apart due to the onset of serious psychiatric illness..i coulndt have given a fuck about the law i was too ill to even express my needs, if it wasnt for my nephews and nices id have topped myself long ago. I brought up my qualifications to show you, because you come acroos as very rude, cowardly and belittling. Wheras i come actoos a polite, honest even if i make mistakes ..what i dont do and would never do is set out to undermine, belittle or intimdate others, either online or in real life. You targeted me ages ago and the Editor warned you never to respond, i gave you a chance and still will, but please be mindful of your posting style when talking with vulnerable adults.
yeh. and you know what editor told you. here's a tip: if you think you might post something which you're unsure about, check the facts so you don't do yourself down.

Thankyou, i wont be intimidated by him/her i will pull them up everytime they try to upset or undermie me. I dont mind being pulled up on things, but hes not interested in helping you understand or clarify, he just wants to belittle as is clear by his style and emojos.
these would be the emojos i haven't used on this thread.

e2a: and i have explained, i demonstrated that the hra is an act of the uk parliament. i have differentiated between eu law and the echr. i can explain and clarify it, but sadly i cannot understand it for you.

Last edited:
The issue is surely that anyone can say pretty much anything they want these days, but that how this is distributed and the potential adverse effects are quite varied?

Anyone can knock up a website or social media account and say literally anything they want. If it breaks the law and they get identified then they might get their collar felt.

But.

People like Hopkins and Milo seem able to spout all kinds of hateful shit in the mainstream and get paid for it. Anne Coulter was interviewed on the Today Programme this morning and was banging on about the incompatibility of Muslims and immigrants with western values.

Whereas the rest of us have to keep some of our political views quiet, or write them under pseudonyms because it might come back to bite us on the arse in terms of current or future employment.

Jesus the last thing i want is drama..i just want to try and fit in. Not much to ask. Leaving the thread now, plesae dont respond pickmans.

He will because he has to have the last word.
The issue is surely that anyone can say pretty much anything they want these days, but that how this is distributed and the potential adverse effects are quite varied?

Anyone can knock up a website or social media account and say literally anything they want. If it breaks the law and they get identified then they might get their collar felt.

But.

People like Hopkins and Milo seem able to spout all kinds of hateful shit in the mainstream and get paid for it. Anne Coulter was interviewed on the Today Programme this morning and was banging on about the incompatibility of Muslims and immigrants with western values.

Whereas the rest of us have to keep some of our political views quiet, or write them under pseudonyms because it might come back to bite us on the arse in terms of current or future employment.

I guess because there's a hungry audience for the kind of shite they spout. It's depressing to think of the shitloads of money they make out of being unpleasant. And promoting falsehoods. It doesn;t matter how often their lies are exposed - their audience just doesn't care.

Freedom of Thought is a very wonderful thing. But when transferred into Freedom of Speech, that's when it can become problematic. And social media (and the Internet in general) is ample proof of that. Indeed the perfect proof of that. It's like observing a hapless and symbiotic trade off between those who perceive themselves as morally upstanding and those who revel in their own nastiness and ugliness. For me, there's ultimately no winners, only participants and onlookers locking moral horns in ever-decreasing circles. Reasoned debate is fast disappearing in most walks of life now, I think. Freedom of Speech has been replaced with My Freedom of Speech and behind the mask of so-called mutual respectfulness lies an unedifying intolerance and spitefulness. And I fear it's only going to get even worse than it is now.

Last edited:
editor can you close my account please. Pickmanms try and lead by example, be a role model for others, instead of the bully you clearly are..you have belittled me, claiming i know nothing about law, uncalled for, stating my level would embarrass an A level student, wow im a bit rusty. ive never met anyone as childish. You did the same yesterday about my poem, jusrt belittled me. Anybody so abusive in real life and thakfully i dont EVER meet anyone like you, id literally rip your fucking head of and shit down your throat, thats right internet hardman, had enough editor shut the account for fuck sake..if i have to suffer this vile cunt again ill hunt him down and feed him his liver.

editor can you close my account please. Pickmanms try and lead by example, be a role model for others, instead of the bully you clearly are..you have belittled me, claiming i know nothing about law, uncalled for, stating my level would embarrass an A level student, wow im a bit rusty. ive never met anyone as childish. You did the same yesterday about my poem, jusrt belittled me. Anybody so abusive in real life and thakfully i dont EVER meet anyone like you, id literally rip your fucking head of and shit down your throat, thats right internet hardman, had enough editor shut the account for fuck sake..if i have to suffer this vile cunt again ill hunt him down and feed him his liver.
yeh. compare my declaration you know little of the law because of your contention the hra applies abroad with your i'll literally rip your fucking head off and shit down your throat. on the one hand a conclusion based on evidence, on the other threats of violence. what was that about internet hardmen?

Last edited:
Some Yanks have this weird obsession that the Huge US military machine shouldnt be used against them maybe its the civil war and then little rock when the 82nd airborne stopped them throwing rocks at black kids:hmm:.

Most countries assume if things break down terribly the last resort is troops on the streets only certain yanks think they should be able to form militas and rebel against the feds and the million strong army should stay in barracks or join their rebellion :facepalm:.
Rather than use them for target practice before stopping for a late breakfast:)

genuine question re free speech in the uk.

yesterday during the trump/britain first thing on twitter, a few people suggested - one or two actually said outright - that anyone sharing those videos should be arrested. I'm not clued up with the law on this stuff but that can't be correct? you can be arrested for being a racist? is it illegal to have racist beliefs? i mean not actually doing something to another human being but just having the view?

And then after that, is it illegal in the uk to state these views? one chap on twitter said anyone saying the words "hitler had the right idea" should be in jail. now i'm no liberal when it comes to the fash etc but if we're locking up people for being a racist then I'll never see my entire extended family again and no matter what i still love my mam.

this is not a question about right and wrong, just what the law says. thanks!

its my understanding that its incitement to racial hatred
that is the offense and well, I suppose its up to CPS to decide what counts as nickable. Jayda's 'we are at war with islam' apparently is. Thats possibly incitement to religious hatred, but yeah.

I only read the first three paragraphs of that link and i was confused:D slightly edited quote to illustrate;

One of the first things we have to prove for this offence is whether the behaviour is insulting.The courts have ruled that behaviour can be annoying, rude or even offensive without necessarily being insulting.

I only read the first three paragraphs of that link and i was confused:D slightly edited quote to illustrate;
I know right. When I heard the jayda and hubby NI charge I did for a minute think 'well why N ireland and not here when they've talked that trash in england?

but then I realised that the continuity RUC/NI judiciary probably have a LOT more experience of interpreting that law (incitement to religious hatred) and successfully prosecuting people on it

Back
Top Bottom