Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Whose house is it anyway? Everton 21/22

Big Dunc will get a role, who's going to tell him otherwise?

According to reports he won't.

In footballing terms I sort of agree with that (he's been part of many of the past failed regimes) but if they allowed him to go down to London under the impression he might be manager only to effectively sack him then they (the board) might have managed to behave even more disgracefully than people thought. Everyone, including him, thought after the Villa defeat he'd not be manager but getting him down there seems needlessly cruel.

Losing to Liverpool, a key requirement for an Everton manager!
Lampard beat them in the FA Cup though.

I wonder who he'll be back to Chelsea for? We shifted a few squad players in the close season and the best youth players Gallagher, Ampadu, Gilmour, and Broja are already out on loan. Tuchel will want to keep Loftus-Cheek, Anjorim's loan at Spartack Moscow has finished but he looks like he might be off to Southampton. So looks like Barkley ?

Lampard beat them in the FA Cup though.

I wonder who he'll be back to Chelsea for? We shifted a few squad players in the close season and the best youth players Gallagher, Ampadu, Gilmour, and Broja are already out on loan. Tuchel will want to keep Loftus-Cheek, Anjorim's loan at Spartack Moscow has finished but he looks like he might be off to Southampton. So looks like Barkley ?

it seems some of the coaching staff

Big Dunc should get it till end of season
He couldn't afford to keep putting money for all those bitter lemons behind the bar of the Wilmslow till the end of the season mate. Him and Frank will will rub along well though. Like a petrol and a naked flame :D

Fair play to Everton, they have raided some big six clubs this week.

Chelsea reject manager
Man Utd and Spurs regect midfielders

Sorry :D

I actually think Lampard is probably the best option. Was very good with youth players at Chelsea and Everton (FFP) don't have much cash to splash. Also keeping big Dunc in the fold is a positive.

Alli and VDB are both (on paper) international standard players who have been wallowing for a while. Shit or bust time for them I think 🤔

Fair play to Everton, they have raided some big six clubs this week.

Chelsea reject manager
Man Utd and Spurs regect midfielders

Sorry :D

I actually think Lampard is probably the best option. Was very good with youth players at Chelsea and Everton (FFP) don't have much cash to splash. Also keeping big Dunc in the fold is a positive.

Alli and VDB are both (on paper) international standard players who have been wallowing for a while. Shit or bust time for them I think 🤔

The manager I think was the best of the options the board came up with - at least with him people are behind him, whereas appointing Martinez would have been pouring petrol on an already raging fire, and no-one wanted Pereira. I'd still prefer someone with achievements that looked to be on the way up (Galtier, basically) but there are a lot of reasons to like Lampard as an appointment. Obviously time will tell but I feel a lot more positive about his appointment than I was about Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva or especially Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

We've also (in the Moyes era and beyond) also usually got our best players from clubs where they'd "failed" or not made it - Pienaar from Dortmund, Arteta from Sociedad, Lukaku from Chelsea, even Gray this season. VDB especially was a crazy buy for United and a bit of understanding could pay off for us a lot and Alli needed to get out of Spurs but most importantly they are positions where we urgently need help.

skysports-frank-lampard-ashley-cole_5661451.jpg

This looks so wrong with that Everton badge but good luck to them, and Joe Edwards. I'm just reading Pat Nevin's book The Accidental Footballer. I have stalled at the chapter where he joins Everton, I'll read it one day though.
I remember when he joined i said to my brother, an Everton fan, where you going to play him, left back (you had been very defensive for a while).
My brother is no longer with us which is a shame as he was a great admirer of Lampard, except when he scored that cracker at Goodison.

Good luck anyway Toffees, anything's gotta be better than Rafa.

If there is a worse VAR decision (than the non-penalty for Rodri's clear handball) anywhere in Europe this season, I will be amazed.

I see Uzzy has been sanctioned by the EU. What’s going to happen to the 30 million that’s been paid for first refusal on the naming rights for the new stadium? . Or the new stadium itself?

Everton are the sort of club you think can't possibly go down, but then I remember thinking that about Villa a few years back.

I suppose if the government were to have some balls and seize Chelsea, and start recouping the debt they were owed, it could very easily happen to them.

It won't though, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom