Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Everton 23/24 - champions every time there is a world war, so be grateful we are crap

Everton and Forest are expendable. Chelsea and Man City aren't, they bring in money, and the former have a massive foreign following too. This is not a diss on Everton, I think the -10 is bullshit when you consider what City and Chelsea have been getting up to. It's a bit of a kick in the nuts when they were going through a good phase too. (My brother is an Everton fan so I keep an eye on their doings.)

I have to ask, what the actual fuck has happened to Everton? They were in decent enough form a few months ago but ever since Man United, they've tanked and Burnley aside, they've been mainly awful since. One win in 15 and that was only because Muric had a brain fart.

I did think they'd lose against Chelsea because of how bad their away form is, but didn't expect...that. Pickford's backline may as well have been holograms and he had the same brain fart as Muric did for the third goal. Beto was the only player who seemed to be doing anything of note and even he couldn't score, and Calvert-Lewin was injured again and they do seem to be worse when he's not there. And this is a pretty bang average Chelsea side, who Everton had no problems with at Goodison, but this time they just let Cole Palmer rip them to pieces.

Have the team downed tools in the hope of getting rid of Dyche (I'm beginning to wonder if they turned on him over him slapping Patterson for bantz)? Or have they given up hope because of the incessant points deductions?

Everton and Forest are expendable. Chelsea and Man City aren't, they bring in money, and the former have a massive foreign following too. This is not a diss on Everton, I think the -10 is bullshit when you consider what City and Chelsea have been getting up to. It's a bit of a kick in the nuts when they were going through a good phase too. (My brother is an Everton fan so I keep an eye on their doings.)
It's not bullshit though, they had lots of dodgy money flowing through. 30 mil for the option of naming rights for example. They spent it on shite but other clubs balanced the books and went down.

It's not that I think Everton shouldn't be penalised, it's the fact they're doing it halfway through the season, and then doing it again as punishment for another season, and the fact other clubs are getting away with it.

(Love your username btw.)

It's not that I think Everton shouldn't be penalised, it's the fact they're doing it halfway through the season, and then doing it again as punishment for another season, and the fact other clubs are getting away with it.

(Love your username btw.)
They did it again because Everton continued to overspend, despite being warned.
I have some sympathy because Everton are fucked, even if they stay up. I can't think of worse ownership, way worse than Leeds. They've been going to dodgy lenders just to stay afloat. The PL have taken action too late.

Out of the frying pan into the fire. I don't know much about 777 but they sound awful.

Chansiri is a waste of space but Wednesday are still a better-run club than Everton. And that's saying a lot.

Well, they did get Everton a point against Newcastle.

I messaged my brother and he wasn't at the game because he sold his Everton season ticket. He must be having mixed feelings now.

I watched the highlights and no disrespect to Everton because they really, really deserved that win, but Liverpool's defending was shocking at times. What on earth went wrong?

I watched the highlights and no disrespect to Everton because they really, really deserved that win, but Liverpool's defending was shocking at times. What on earth went wrong?
Their supply of asthma inhalers ran out?

Lovely end to our suffering that arrogant classless gimp Mr Ed impersonator Corporal Klopp! Just loved it!

Their supply of asthma inhalers ran out?

Lovely end to our suffering that arrogant classless gimp Mr Ed impersonator Corporal Klopp! Just loved it!
I think there's some truth in that.
Kommander Klopp works them too hard with his heavy artillery football.

Well since Brailsford and Sky came along every cyclist seems to have asthma caused by marginal gains. Wouldn't surprise me if some football clubs were at its
with the amount of money involved and the mysteriously lax testing it would be amazing if it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom