Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will be the next Labour leader?

Who will replace Corbyn?

• Total voters
I haven’t asked for a platform in any meeting.
No, but without knowing what you've said to them, I'm speculating about what might explain their reticence. Perhaps CLPs have be warned against letting 'randoms' any access/platform for fear of what their motives may or may not be.
Just speculation, mind.

No, but without knowing what you've said to them, I'm speculating about what might explain their reticence. Perhaps CLPs have be warned against letting 'randoms' any access/platform for fear of what their motives may or may not be.
Just speculation, mind.

Oh Kay

A commonly acknowledged derogatory one, yes.

It’s an expression that is 1) rarely used to denote actual MH problems (rather than ‘mad’ political views/conspiracy theories etc); 2) it’s really not that offensive, unless used in the context of care/control (ie on a ward, in an appointment and so on), and certainly it’s less offensive to actual mad people then many ‘legitimate’ terms (including diagnoses);

It’s an expression that is 1) rarely used to denote actual MH problems (rather than ‘mad’ political views/conspiracy theories etc); 2) it’s really not that offensive, unless used in the context of care/control (ie on a ward, in an appointment and so on), and certainly it’s less offensive to actual mad people then many ‘legitimate’ terms (including diagnoses);
Speaking for others, again?
Never a good look.

1582886549751.png
so you're wrong again

I dunno about that.

The evidence I've seen is that inequality was at its lowest during this period and that there is a correlation between equality and mobility.

So, whilst it's reasonable to suggest that social mobility might have been at its highest then, but I wouldn't assert it with 100% confidence.
Sorry chilango you are not sure about what - that social mobility was higher in the 70s than now? Or that social mobility as at its height in the 70s?
The latter I think there is room for dispute on, the former is IMO pretty much nailed on. I'm not aware of any source that claims otherwise, even the government's own groups agree that social mobility has declined since the 70s.

The only way that you could argue that social mobility is as high or higher now than previously is (as I said above) to remove class from the picture, to go for the sort of post-class waffle that some love. But Mr Moose claims that that is not what he is doing so I don't see how he can square his circle.

heavy night was it?

Your screenshot doesn’t demonstrate what you want it to
It’s an expression that is 1) rarely used to denote actual MH problems (rather than ‘mad’ political views/conspiracy theories etc)
i think you'll find nutter is frequently used to denote actual mh problems. as per the definition in 3)

as for a heavy night, it's just stupidity to accuse me of drunkeness when it's well known here i'm teetotal

you were the person saying that you believed they were significant enough to merit your lobbying them.

To merit me lobbying them eh?

Funnily enough they were quite easy to come across in the lead up to the election. If by ‘lobbying them’ you meant me using the fact they wanted to talk to people as an opportunity to explain what’s happening and ask for assistance and pass over my contact details

Or are community campaigns things that the LP will do with other members?

i think you'll find nutter is frequently used to denote actual mh problems. as per the definition in 3)

as for a heavy night, it's just stupidity to accuse me of drunkeness when it's well known here i'm teetotal

Drunkeness would be the least of your problems

You googling a word and showing a screenshot. Heavy night of that stuff I’m sure

Sorry chilango you are not sure about what - that social mobility was higher in the 70s than now? Or that social mobility as at its height in the 70s?
The latter I think there is room for dispute on, the former is IMO pretty much nailed on. I'm not aware of any source that claims otherwise, even the government's own groups agree that social mobility has declined since the 70s.

The only way that you could argue that social mobility is as high or higher now than previously is (as I said above) to remove class from the picture, to go for the sort of post-class waffle that some love. But Mr Moose claims that that is not what he is doing so I don't see how he can square his circle.

Absolutely, social mobility (in most forms) has declined since the '70s.

What I'm not sure of is how high or widespread it got then.

Probably best for the thread if we ease off this sub-topic, but I would say that making assumptions about the state of/impact of MH on other posters is pretty shabby. Just because folk might not want to discuss it, does not equate to a lack of interest/concern.
Just saying.

You’re reaching on the MH front, and noticeable how you picked up ‘nutter’ but not all the other everyday terms used by posters on here to denote politics which are based on, or which articulate, a conspiratorial understanding of the world

Just saying

Back
Top Bottom