Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who should be the next Doctor Who?

I was going to post "James Corden" as lulz. And then I realised that it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. :(

I was going to post "James Corden" as lulz. And then I realised that it's not beyond the bounds of possibility. :(
Thankfully, given that he's actually been in it in another role, he's unlikely to turn up as the actual doctor. That really _would_ be it for me.

If it was Sue Perkins as the Doctor along with Sandi Toksvig as the Master, the last eisode cliffhanger would have to be to do with saving the universe based on who was the fastest at solving an anagram against the clock.
Biduu Biduu biddly bid boooo...

They could even have a hologram of Richard Whitely in it. For extra lulz.

I'd watch the shit out of that.

Damn you FridgeMagnet, two minutes ahead of me. Ross Noble in his biker gear would be class.

Sue_Perkins.sized.jpg

Sue Perkins' haircut recently.

Perkins is a shit actress and couldn't do earnest. Doctor Who demands earnestness, or it doesn't work. You can't smirk your way through it.

Perkins is a shit actress and couldn't do earnest. Doctor Who demands earnestness, or it doesn't work. You can't smirk your way through it.
:confused: What has she acted in?

Not in favour either, Perkins is a double for my Mrs, not sure I could handle being married to Dr Who

I'd also like to see an older Doctor.

Seeing as people are stating Lore.

The new Doctor has to be younger than the current Doctor. Timelords age backwards.

Remember when the master aged him so that he was like a two year old baby?

Earnestness, what are you on about? It is a childrens programme with an enemy made of dustbins fitted with sink plungers. It requires a good deal of 'suspension of disbelief' but earnestness is not the answer to that. An element of self parody and humour would make it more interesting. :)

The new Doctor has to be younger than the current Doctor. Timelords age backwards.

bollocks, Sylvester Mcoy was clearly older than Peter Davidson.

Earnestness, what are you on about? It is a childrens programme with an enemy made of dustbins fitted with sink plungers. It requires a good deal of 'suspension of disbelief' but earnestness is not the answer to that. An element of self parody and humour would make it more interesting. :)
No, it would be shit. It would be killed by a knowing wink. KILLED.

Matt Smith can't do earnest. He can do that sort of frowny face and stomp about and shout at things, that's about as far as it goes. I bet you Sue Lovely Perkins could do that.

Tennant didn't do earnest either, he just channeled hamlet whenever he wasn't saying 'AH HA' and running around

I'm sure I recall the Doctor saying that his earlier, venerable appearance was a youthful affectation. That's not the same thing.

I had a dream the other day where the Andromeda captain displayed his telescopic staff (I know) and the Doctor waved his Sonic Screwdriver at it causing the Andromeda to lose slipstream and then it was all colours and and an Orbital version of the Who theme tune.

FML

Back
Top Bottom