Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who should be the next Doctor Who?

mark_heap_brian_.jpg

Justin Bieber. Would offer significant penetration into US and other international markets and broaden the fanbase considerably. Robert Carlyle or someone like that would only appeal to middle-aged men from the UK, who are an assured audience anyway and, more to the point, don't buy merchandise.

Justin Bieber. Would offer significant penetration into US and other international markets and broaden the fanbase considerably. Robert Carlyle or someone like that would only appeal to middle-aged men from the UK, who are an assured audience anyway and, more to the point, don't buy merchandise.

Robbie Carlyl already has a US scifi fanbase having channeled Behbie aboard the good ship DEstiny in Syfy's 'Stargate: Universe'

Someone with wild hair and a mad look in his eyes. Not a well know actor but someone who is familiar with stage and film. Perhaps someone who is 'between jobs' at the moment.

Justin Lee Collins

Justin Bieber. Would offer significant penetration into US and other international markets and broaden the fanbase considerably.

A Johnny Foreigners as Dr Who? Ye Gads! I say, that's not on at all!
You can't have some parvenu foreign chappy playing someone as quintissentially British as an intergalactic, space and time travelling, shape shifting non-human alien, me old lad.
:D

She'd make a good Romana actually. But the Doctor has to have a cock and balls.

Why? Because it would offend your sensibilities? Lore allows for a female doctor. Can you not cope with the idea of a woman running around being in charge? That's not like you, dotty.

Why? Because it would offend your sensibilities? Lore allows for a female doctor. Can you not cope with the idea of a woman running around being in charge? That's not like you, dotty.

does it? Time Lords/ladiesare gender fixed afaik (I may be wrong)

If they can cope with a thirteenth regeneration they can do what they like on the matter of gender. And otherwise, Bieber will be the last.

does it? Time Lords/ladiesare gender fixed afaik (I may be wrong)

Nope. In the 'tardis becomes a person' episode they talked about a time lord who occasionally regenerated into a woman. Moffat has stated it's now lore, and there's nothing stopping the doctor being a woman (except, perhaps, Moffat's ability or desire to write one, but that's another issue altogether).

lol moffats female characters.

well if its in the rulebook....

just imagining a female Master (Mistress?) now.

Moffat asked the audience at a relatively recent event if they would like to see a female doctor. He said it's less a case of if and more of when, and that it's pretty much inevitable it will happen, but that it depends on how he thinks the audience will receive it. Sadly, I think there are still far too many dickheads who start wailing that "but he can't be a woman, he can't...because...because...because he can't!" for no other reason than...what? Seriously, when you dig deeper into that line of thinking, what possible other reason could there be for thinking the doctor has to be a man other than 'a woman couldn't play the role as well'?

Back
Top Bottom