Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Why have they gone off Michael Gove, then?

I think they're running scared. They're staring into the abyss and they are hoping Johnson's electoral magic will keep them in power. They are also hoping that because Johnson is such a lazy oath they can pull the strings behind the scenes. "Johnson as chairman not CEO" is the phrase doing the rounds.

In fact, here is Tim Shipman saying something similar:

Unlikely to happen because not enough Tory MPs will be corralled to support him, but it's one of those things that sometimes happens and causes waves.
He isn't a disruptor, he's supposed to be there.

Why have they gone off Michael Gove, then?

perfect storm - antipathy to him from brexiteers from when he torpedoed Johnson in the 2016 leadership debacle, antipathy towards him from brexity, but non-Johnson fans for staying in cabinet when all the other loons left, he's a bit socially conservative for some of the 'anyone but Boris' constituancy, and they don't think he can set the party/supporters alight with enthusiasm.

"I'll probably end up being Prime Minister or something one day. I don't want to be. It's just, that kind of shit just happens to guys like me."
Well yes, that too. But I'm increasingly convinced his challenge from the centre is choreographed as part of a bigger picture thing that sees Johnson's premiership as inevitable.

perfect storm - antipathy to him from brexiteers from when he torpedoed Johnson in the 2016 leadership debacle, antipathy towards him from brexity, but non-Johnson fans for staying in cabinet when all the other loons left, he's a bit socially conservative for some of the 'anyone but Boris' constituancy, and they don't think he can set the party/supporters alight with enthusiasm.
All of this, and also he's Michael Gove

What a shame that the leadership debate tonight coincides with the women's world cup. Might have accidentally tuned into BBC One without that on.

i'd love it if johnson's plea to his supporters to vote hunt to ensure the cunt's place in the next round leaves him with 32 votes as too many of his chums answer his call
Last vote they had to ban phones after it was found out that the Johson camp were insisting that his supporters send a photo of theur ballot paper... From that to Ive enough support I can lend some of it, is just too darned cocky

Lidington came out in support of him.

Stewart reckons he has got the 33, if none of the MPs that promised their support lied. But 33+ votes on its own isnt necessarily enough to survive todays vote either, he also needs to avoid coming last. I suppose I expect him to make it through this round, but I wont be shocked to my core if he doesnt.
According to 5Lve he is outside the vote saying he has 31 so we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom