Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)
Biden strikes me as a much weaker candidate than Hillary Clinton, perhaps because I hear too much Trump propaganda about him, so I'm really not convinced that he will be able to win a majority in the Electoral College, even if he wins the popular vote. I'm also fairly convinced that at least some of the Republican voter suppression plots will succeed, giving Trump a significant advantage.

Do you share my pessimism(Marty1 are you creaming yourself at the mere thought of it)? Also, will the Democrats be as accepting as they were last time, if he wins the popular vote and loses the electoral college? If it all starts going tits up would the military step in?

Based on not much I think Biden will win, college and pop vote. Trump's going into this election with a covid cursed economy, street chaos and so on. Its bidens to lose. However I did think Clinton might win last time so make no bets on my predictions.

Biden strikes me as a much weaker candidate than Hillary Clinton, perhaps because I hear too much Trump propaganda about him, so I'm really not convinced that he will be able to win a majority in the Electoral College, even if he wins the popular vote. I'm also fairly convinced that at least some of the Republican voter suppression plots will succeed, giving Trump a significant advantage.

Do you share my pessimism(Marty1 are you creaming yourself at the mere thought of it)? Also, will the Democrats be as accepting as they were last time, if he wins the popular vote and loses the electoral college? If it all starts going tits up would the military step in?
I don't know who will win, but I do know that the popular vote is an irrelevance.

Whoever wins the electoral college will be president, because that's how the US system works, just like whoever can get a majority of MPs in the British parliament becomes PM.

The End.

It only matters what happens in a few small boroughs in a few states. Hopefully the republicans have been anti mask and have died off quicker than the dems in those areas. Who can tell but it'll probably be chaos whatever happens.

I look forward to trump's gracious last speech.

I get what DotCommunist is saying there, but Trumpism has been such a total of fuck-ups that Biden ought to be a lot further ahead than he seems to be.
Sure, but..."it's the economy, stupid", and until this year his multiple fuckups (ICE, detention camps, Muslim bans, Stormy daniels, Ukraine, Russian interference, yada yada yada) hadn't actually harmed many voters, or hit them in the pocket.
This year has. Bigly, so to speak.

I don't know who will win, but I do know that the popular vote is an irrelevance.

Whoever wins the electoral college will be president, because that's how the US constitution works, just like whoever can get a majority of MPs in the British parliament becomes PM.

The End.

Of course that's how the Constitution works, but there are times when people, if they feel failed by constitutions, take to the streets. This is not an impossible outcome in the USA given the current febrile political atmosphere. I think that ,If he loses by a narrow margin, Trump will seek to mobilise his more radical, and well-armed, supporters. The widespread support for BLM suggests that at least part of the Democrat base might be unwilling to accept another four years of Trump, if a clear majority of voters chose Biden, and, or if they feel that Trump has been successful in preventing Democrat supporters from voting

Biden will win and it will be a landslide victory.

Specifically I think the Dems will take michigan, ohio, pennsylvania, florida and north carolina

Last edited:
I voted chaos. I know what I would like to happen.

I have already said that I think the electoral college system stinketh like rotten fish.
Unfortunately, Trump/GOP/Republicans have too much influence over things that should be neutral /federal in the States. In particular having a rabid republican donation machine in charge of the postal service when the potus is already whittering up a fake storm about mail-in ballots (despite using one himself, so he's a hypocrite )...

And opinion polls are often considered to be notoriously unreliable.

677.png

I didn’t think Trump would win last time. I could think of no good reason why any woman would vote for him, no good reason why any black person would vote for him, no good reason why any other person of colour would vote for him, no good reason why any gay person would vote for him, no good reason why any working class person would vote for him, no good reason why any liberal middle class person would vote for him. But the fucker won, the presidency if not the popular vote. So this time round? Haven’t got a clue!

Sure, but you're hardly typical of the avaerage american voter.
No, that's true. And Biden's opponent is Trump. I was just addressing the question of whether it was difficult to actively dislike Biden. Biden's politics are horrible. If it was my call, I'd say Biden's main asset is being Not Trump. But what do I know? I mean, who looks at Trump and thinks "safe pair of perfectly normal-sized hands"? Apparently millions.

That's why I voted No Fucking Idea in the poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom