Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
This thread is not designed to dissuade anyone from having the jab. Just have the fucking jab.

All I am really interested in is the percentages of people having each jab, and the minor side effects that may or may not be caused.

For the purposes of this thread a sore arm is not a side effect.

Please feel free to post your personal experiences here.

NB: There are two questions in the poll. So, just like a dumbed down English GCSE, you should have two votes/boxes to tick.

Last edited:
Oxford/AZ. Very mild flu like feeling (actually, covid-like feeling), the next day. Got an early night, woke up fine. Achy arm for about a week- ignorable.

Mild fluey symptoms yesterday and some body aches as could be expected, all gone by this morning, jab was 47 1/2 hours ago.

Pfizer/BioNTech. Ticked no side effects as had a headache for a few hours about 20 hours after, but obviously no idea if it was related - although I never get headaches. Also studies show there's a huge psychological/expectation impact with side effects so meh, I dunno.

E2A: Am giving vaccines, and some people seem to be less happy with having the Oxford/AZ one generally, some less good press coverage of its efficacy is the cause I think.

Last edited:
I had the Astra Zeneca and was pretty tired the next day, but I think this had as much to do with the fact that I spent 4 hours outside in the dark and rain in order to earn my vaccine (volunteering at a vaccination centre) as the vaccine itself.

Also I badly wanted to get vaccinated, so let's not underestimate the psychological effect.

So I'm not entirely sure which option to choose, but I'm going to go for none.

I had the AstraZeneca... Had a hot and feverish night following that, and for the next day only had what felt like mild flu symptoms ( a bit aching and lethargic).

I had the AstraZeneca... Had a hot and feverish night following that, and for the next day only had what felt like mild flu symptoms ( a bit aching and lethargic).
That was pretty much my experience too although I went really cold first, then woke up sweating after 2 hrs and couldn't get back to sleep. No pain in my arm or anything else.

Had AZ and felt rough the day after. I had however been feeling rough for a couple of weeks before because my asthma was playing up, did feel even shorter of breath the day after but passed off after that. Didn't even get sore arm (why isn't that one of the options so I could say I hadn't had it? :mad: )

Eta: neighbour did remark that the side effect could be suggesting that the vaccine is having its effect :)

I had the Astra Zeneca at 10am this morning, no side effects at all so far.

I was glad it was the AZ vaccine, because it is at cost which is minimal and also because I expect it is more likely to still be available in volume when my 12 weeks are up and I need my second dose. Also in all the testing they did with this vaccine no one was hospitalised with Covid-19. For me this says a lot.

I had first dose of Pfizer just before Christmas.
Slightly sore arm.....then 3 weeks later crazy extreme eczema behind my knees and fatigue. Havent had eczema for over a decade...

My colleague experienced the same and had an extreme psoriasis flare up.

I feel that the fact that the vaccine does not kick in for 21 days or so (unprotected till then) is related. Afaic my body was displaying an immune response which is what is wanted.

Comparing side effects with colleagues dependent on what vaccine they have had (taking into account diversity) it seems as though those that had the astra zeneca had a more extreme response directly after it being administered- flue like symptoms and general roughness for 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom