Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where are you on the transport network?

I’m on a bus..I’ve been on the bus since 10:30 this morning. It’s now 7pm. I did get off the bus for an hour and a half to check onto a helicopter flight, but that was cancelled..pilot out of hours..hence the return to the Covid quarantine hotel. The rumour is we will have a 7am flight in the morning..so I’ll probably be back on the bus around 2am. 578A69BC-2584-49EF-AFE2-23BDE94EEA3B.jpeg

This was where I was last night. Only last night, the tree blocked the whole road. Because I am too lazy to turn around and make a 5 mile detour, I stuck the car in the middle of the road with hazards on, and RIPPED BRANCHES OFF THE TREE WITH MY BARE HANDS. Someone coming the other way also stopped (ha, they had no choice!) to help. Hence the now-passable road you see below.

275427776_3050330215284577_6012194903157846783_n.jpg

Cheers. As I say, worth doing if you get a chance. It's a bit of an anachronism, being the first electrified railway in the former Czechoslovakia back in the 1900s, but at 1500 DC it's out of step with the rest of the network. Plans are afoot to convert it to 25 Kv and standardise it, presumably with modern units.

Anachronistic branch lines are pretty much like crack cocaine to me. Especially if you show me a photo of an odd looking locomotive attached to some mismatched stock. That sort of thing is becoming increasingly hard to find in Europe.

I am on a 53 bus, which seems to have a dodgy relationship with the truth. Formerly many buses claimed to end at County Hall, but they didn't. The last stop was Lower Marsh, one stop before. Imagine all the lost and disappointed people.

Now they claim to terminate at Lambeth North, two stops before. I am looking forward to seeing what this means in reality. But the display at the bus stop reads 'Lamberth". Why? Are there transport systems outside London that lie so blatantly and pointlessly?

The bus terminated at Lower Marsh, one stop beyond its declared destination. I don't get it.

Why can't the 53 admit where it's going? What is wrong with Lower Marsh? Does it have a bad rep, or is it a sweary word in a foreign language?

The bus terminated at Lower Marsh, one stop beyond its declared destination. I don't get it.

Why can't the 53 admit where it's going? What is wrong with Lower Marsh? Does it have a bad rep, or is it a sweary word in a foreign language?

i suspect that would confuse people who don't know where it is

how about "arse end of waterloo station"?

:p

Back
Top Bottom