Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where are you on the transport network?

I went to Haydons Road station for the first time ever today- apologies for the lack of accompanying picture- and I was moved by the nostalgic sight of a ‘permit to travel’ ticket dispensing machine.

I don’t use secondary train stations much, but if asked about it I would have guessed that within London at least, and with Oyster/ contactless debit cards having been in operation for fuck knows how many years, they went the way of the Dodo a long time ago.

Great way to try to safely try to travel somewhere for 20p. I used them often back in the day :)

Do not think he will mind putting this on here. Lots of people put in lots of unpaid work to make these things happen.

I know the feline - both the big events i used to organise / schedule (40+ buses / duties) were pretty much a week's full time (if not more so) work in the run up to the event.

Both events are no longer what they were - both outgrew the space available for them, I'm down to one event a year that's about 12 buses now, and last year's I ended up scheduling and posting everything off as I couldn't be there...

I did see RML 2760, but don't think I rode on it (I may have ridden on it on the 101 some time in the 70s)

Thinking about it, today was the first bus event I've even been to since I did a conductor duty on the route 140 event in late autumn 2019...

I seem to have taken 163 photographs (although this includes some buildings on the line of route, that I took photographs of when they were derelict in the mid 80s, and my first ride on the new Woolwich ferry)

Masks are still mandatory on public transport in Germany (as is being vaccinated). Most people wear them correctly but there always are a few who have their nose poking out. Did you never have those in the U.K. ?
Yes, I've seen plenty like that :D

It was on a leash and I would have loved to see whether she walks her rabbit like a dog.

where i used to live there were some kids down the street that had a bunny that they took for walks on a lead

first time i thought it was a funny looking dog, but then i put my glasses on...

and one time i was in the front garden (with the kitties) i did have to talk one of the kitties out of going and saying hello...

It was on a leash and I would have loved to see whether she walks her rabbit like a dog.

Local loon who lives opposite me walks her cat on a lead, she keeps saying that she’ll look after our dog when we go on holiday, our dog is a Lurcher, it would do to her cat what it would do to that rabbit, all over in under three seconds, she doesn’t seem able to grasp that concept.

Back
Top Bottom