Votes: 18 6.6%
  • 70k-100k

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • 100k+

Votes: 31 11.4%

• Total voters

ska invita

back on the other side
Including all money made from jobs, bit coin, rental empires, drug dealing, stock market etc ;)

According to the ONS the
  • Median weekly pay for full-time employees was £640 in April 2022 [x52 = £33,280 pa], which is a 5.0% increase over the £610 in 2021.
  • In real terms (that is, adjusted for inflation) in April 2022, median weekly pay for full-time employees fell by 2.6% on the year.

This is from 2020 - gives a good idea of the general distribution
2020.png

Including all money made from jobs, bit coin, rental empires, drug dealing, stock market etc ;)

According to the ONS the
  • Median weekly pay for full-time employees was £640 in April 2022 [x52 = £33,280 pa], which is a 5.0% increase over the £610 in 2021.
  • In real terms (that is, adjusted for inflation) in April 2022, median weekly pay for full-time employees fell by 2.6% on the year.

This is from 2020 - gives a good idea of the general distribution
View attachment 354217

Yeah alright Mr HMRC.

I used my gross income as it appeared on my p60 which was slightly more than £22,000. I really don't like the apparent British obsession with not disclosing incomes; we should all be able to see what each other have to live on.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

p.s. edited to add that after tax and national insurance it's obviously less and I should shift it down a category.

Last edited:
I used my gross income as it appeared on my p60 which was slightly more than £22,000. I really don't like the apparent British obsession with not disclosing incomes; we should all be able to see what each other have to live on.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice
I think it's Sweden where you can do that.

This has all the makings of a great popcorn thread, I suspect a few embarrassing truths are going to come out and there will be some angry ranting and denouncements

oh i think i voted in the wrong category, i should be in 30,000 to 35,000, newly qualified teacher inner london salary but also get an extra 2000 bonus for not leaving an innercity school in the first year (and doing maths). depending on union pay negotiations it might just nudge into the category above that.

I agree we should be open about salaries more, a lot of companies rely on our reticence.

(edit: i assumed gross, no idea what net would be I am not some kind of mathematician)

The poll is pointless if there’s no definition of gross or net income.
From the Office for National Statistics:

Disposable income is arguably the most widely used household income measure. Disposable income is the amount of money that households have available for spending and saving after direct taxes, such as Income Tax, National Insurance and Council Tax, have been accounted for. It includes earnings from employment, private pensions and investments as well as cash benefits provided by the state.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

No, I'm just not going to declare my annual income to a random username on a public forum, if it's all the same

I'm on about £22K - work 34.5 hours a week but am actually there 37.5 (not paid for breaks) but LOVE my job, really good holiday and benefits.

I also have very few outgoings- no mortgage- energy costs relatively low as I live on my own.

When I worked for Evil American Megacorp it was actually a disciplinary offence to discuss your salary with colleagues.
Yep. It’s a really bad thing that people are so embarrassed (?) guarded (?) about asking and talking about this. People working at the same place and not discussing it is obvs even worse all it does is stop people getting paid more.
Really close friend that I see all the time asked me it really awkwardly just last week and we know pretty much everything more personal about each other.

Back
Top Bottom