Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's your favourite theme tune?

potential said:
the persuaders- a john barry masterpiece

Lots of good ones already listed; the Persuaders is excellent.

Also,

Mission Impossible
Beverly Hillbillies
Wild Wild West
Emergency
Rawhide
Danger Man

Flumps_Titles.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Mation said:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Written by Tim Souster, who was a bit of an institution on the British contemporary music scene. He ended up in Pseuds Corner for his piece "whirled music" which involved performers whirling instruments round on the end of strong cords so that the air passing through "played" them. The audience had to sit in front of a reinforced perspex screen in case any of the cords snapped. He also appears on "Map Ref" on Wire's LP "154". TS was an enthusiastic consumer of alcohol and may have died prematurely as a result.

MysteryGuest said:
Written by Tim Souster, who was a bit of an institution on the British contemporary music scene. He ended up in Pseuds Corner for his piece "whirled music" which involved performers whirling instruments round on the end of strong cords so that the air passing through "played" them. The audience had to sit in front of a reinforced perspex screen in case any of the cords snapped. He also appears on "Map Ref" on Wire's LP "154". TS was an enthusiastic consumer of alcohol and may have died prematurely as a result.
spotter.gif

too much information! :D

MysteryGuest said:
The audience had to sit in front of a reinforced perspex screen in case any of the cords snapped.
:eek: :D

ooh and either Noah and Nellie or Rhubarb and Custard - I can't remember which. I mean I can remember the tune just not which programme it belonged to. Obviously. :)

Sweet FA said:
Prisoner Cell Block H :(
"He used to bring me roses, I wish he would agaaaaaaaaaaaaaain"

"But that was on the outside, and things were different theeeeeeeen" :p

My fave: The theme from Cheers.

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your troubles sure would help a lot

Wouldn't it be nice to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came.
You wanna go where you can go
People are all the same.
You wanna go where everybody knows your name"

:)

The World at War - probably the most suitable theme tune ever :cool:

Dr Who
The Edge of Darkness
Inspector Morse

One of my best mates from school was called Tim Souster.

When I was very little, vivid memories of the World In Action theme, that Hammond organ. Fearsome sounds. And the image of Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man which just looked like a scary God like figure. Stuff of nightmares to a 4 year old.

The closing credits were way more gentle. Still with the Hammond though. But more of a jam session by the end of it.

I was always a fan of the 9 O Clock news theme too in the 1990s. I like the way it starts with suspense while the headlines are read out. Then this change to a dramatic military style, almost cannon like shots with the drums and a sense of fortitude. Then it kind of resolves peacefully, but with a air of danger :hmm:

Check it.

I thought they nicked it from the Eagles.

Persuaders
Belle & Sebastien
White Horses
Follyfoot
Flashing Blade
The Double Deckers
Rockford Files
Vision On Theme (Left Bank Two)
Tales of the Riverbank
Black Beauty

Back
Top Bottom