Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's in your glass?

Vodka with apple and pear fizz.

Got a cheeky Weston's Vintage for later (its cheeky because i rarely indulge these days as it plays fucking havoc with my heartburn) but might not bother, depends.

Vodka with Vimto, its surprisingly nice and cheaper than getting something with more calories in it. The food v booze cost this week has been concerning however.

First taste of the elderberry & blackberry (proportions are 3:2) - blending 2 barrels that have been sitting since July. It’s a beautiful deep red, lots of jammy bramble flavours tempered with the tannin from the elderberry. Perhaps a little early in the day for a taste but I have been up and doing stuff since 5am so that’s salved my conscience a bit.

IMG_5510.jpeg

Aldi's French wine selection is a bit pants at the moment - somewhat bland varietals...
I hope some Fitou turns up soon...
I think the Cahors Malbec has a little more character...
The Cairanne is a heartier treat.
They now have some Costieres de Nimes which is pretty decent for £6.49 - it has a little acidity and also astringency and lots of fruit...

1698230892367.png

I've recently taken a liking to rum, never having really bothered before. So far I've tried Mount Gay XO (very good), Cane Island Trinidad rum (not to my taste, but works well in porridge) and Pusser's Gunpowder Proof, which is my favourite and which I am drinking now.

Lager today, the eldest got paid and got me a pack, he was a bit skint on my 40th as its been a few rough months trying to get himself back to work, no big deal we played games together thats perfect. Didn't expect anything cos like its stuff but its nice he did that the day it came in.

Something I look forward to every year.

The Fullers Vintage Ale.

Another bottle has been laid down to mature for the future.

This year's vintage has heavy liquorice tones - more so than I remember from previous years. Still very, very good.

IMG_3190.jpeg

Tesco 2007 plastic cork.
Seventeen years may have taken away the acidity, but the overall balance is a bit treacly ...
I'll see if it improves now that it can breathe a little...

PXL_20240612_165016730.MP~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom