Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked pork loin chops, kasha croquettes, cabbage stir-fry w/caraway and sour cream, beet salad, green salad.

its all about cooking your sauce VERY slowly with the love and tender care you would apply to a stomping bolognese sauce for example :)
Ah ok... I was after something quite quick last night, so good job I didn't see it. Made a nice chicken and chorizo stew before, but never just chorizo.

Not sure yet. I'm going for a meal for a friend's birthday so it depends on the menu. A really nice rare steak is a definite option, though. :cool:

What are these? :)

They're buckwheat groats. You toast them in a dry pan for a few minutes, let them cool and bind them with egg and a bit of cream. Then you make them into flattened 4 cm balls and shallow-fry them like felafel. The ones I'm making today will be seasoned with dill and dry mustard.

anyway, my appetite has returned, hurrah! so i just bought some, well, it says 'potato and rosemary' on the label, and it's bread.

can you have potato bread? :confused: i just fancied a change for mopping-up-stew purposes

wot, no fruity soup? :hmm:

Hardy-har-har... I'm not even going to mention fruit soup in this forum again. And that will be your loss when I refuse to put up my Kirschen Kaltschalle recipe in sour cherry season, Hrumph! :p

YI - do you have green salad with your christmas dinner as well? :D You must shit through the eye of a needle

We have green salad twice a day, every day. That may explain why we've never had to resort to things like Metamucil to keep the workings working. :)

Not all fish - you can pick up coley fillets really cheap, and they go very well with this kind of thing :) I always use them for thai fish soup.

Yeh, deffo give it a go - it's stunning, dead simple, and takes no time

One more question. Couldn't find bird eye chili down the shops - are 'finger' chilis hot enough?

You must be able to find Birds' Eyes near you OU? Wing Tai down Electric Ave?

Not sure what you mean by 'finger' chillis, but they should be fine. Birds Eye peppers are quite clean in taste, with a lively kick.

Hardy-har-har... I'm not even going to mention fruit soup in this forum again. And that will be your loss when I refuse to put up my Kirschen Kaltschalle recipe in sour cherry season, Hrumph! :p

We have green salad twice a day, every day. That may explain why we've never had to resort to things like Metamucil to keep the workings working. :)

seriously it really won't be my loss. i love the sound of most stuff you put up on here, but not the fruity soup :D

bet you have great skin as well eh?

They're buckwheat groats. You toast them in a dry pan for a few minutes, let them cool and bind them with egg and a bit of cream. Then you make them into flattened 4 cm balls and shallow-fry them like felafel. The ones I'm making today will be seasoned with dill and dry mustard.

Blimey. That sounds all cordon bleu or something! I might try it sometime, though; where do you get buckwheat groats from? I only have normal buckwheat.

We are having shepherd's pie. I R exotic.

About the length of my little finger and as thin as a filter tip for a roll up

ETA - that's them!

ah - that link says they're not very strong. the only real way to tell is to test them. have a nibble and report back. it's really disappointing when you've made something that's meant to have a real kick and it turns out bland (i made a roast chili/peanut thing once and got the wrong chilis - complete fucking letdown)

Blimey. That sounds all cordon bleu or something! I might try it sometime, though; where do you get buckwheat groats from? I only have normal buckwheat.

It's hardly haute cuisine; in fact, it's Eastern European peasant food. Health food stores carry them, but they're bound to be cheaper if you have a Polish grocery nearby.

We are having shepherd's pie. I R exotic.

No more or less cordon bleu than kasha. :)

ah - that link says they're not very strong. the only real way to tell is to test them. have a nibble and report back. it's really disappointing when you've made something that's meant to have a real kick and it turns out bland (i made a roast chili/peanut thing once and got the wrong chilis - complete fucking letdown)
They have a 'hot' rating on the packet - the only chili stronger than that was the Scotch Bonnet.

They have a 'hot' rating on the packet - the only chili stronger than that was the Scotch Bonnet.

sounds just the job then mate!!! maybe they ARE birds eye, but sneaking in under another name! your description of them sounds right. where did you get them?

sounds just the job then mate!!! maybe they ARE birds eye, but sneaking in under another name! where did you get them?
T**** (shh)
What is it with chilis? They always sell too many - I only ever need a couple at a time - I always end up throwing them away.
Which is why I should visit the market more often - they usually give you them free if you only want a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom