Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roasted butternut squash.
Pickled beetroot.
Chickpeas and brocolli cooked with smoked paprika.

A ready meal from Waitrose: black eyed bean tikkis with mint dip
a mixed veg stir fry and spinach dal and basmati rice.

Feijoada - a kind of thick black bean and pork stew, leftover from the weekend's shenanigans. Corn on the cob, rice and hot bread.

Tastes much better than it did at the w/e, but going on an epic session around the Happy Mondays gig (shambolic, but fun) never was going to do much for the appetite...

Roast chicken, baked potato, savoy cabbage, gravy, wine.

*looks forward to using up cold roast chicken over next few days*

tarannau said:
Feijoada - a kind of thick black bean and pork stew, leftover from the weekend's shenanigans. Corn on the cob, rice and hot bread.

Tastes much better than it did at the w/e, but going on an epic session around the Happy Mondays gig (shambolic, but fun) never was going to do much for the appetite...
Thanks for that, I have just googled it and come up with a recipe for tomorrow's dinner. Always on the look out for new things.
http://www.brazilbrazil.com/feijoada.html

Second time I've cooked it and it worked out well. Mine was a little simpler than that - chorizo, black chorizo (a very hard, dried black chorizo that the lady in the Portuguese deli insisted we use) and pancetta instead of the 'whole pig' tradition that I've heard some Brazilians talk of- using dried beans and adding the meat (fried, with garlic, onion and some mushed-up beans) half way through the cooking. Salt beef's (Brazilian style) meant to be good in it too.

Thoroughly recommend using dried beans though. Not just because they're much, much cheaper, but because they add some more texture and it's their cooking juices which form the bulk of the 'stock'

Good with plenty of fresh coriander, bread and lots of white rice.

I completely made something up (a kind of Thai mustard curry noodle mackerel stir fry).

Unlike most of my experiments, it was da bomb :cool:

An entire bag of rocket.

An entire bag of pea shoots.

An entire bag of watercress.

A 220g packet of king tiger prawns.

All drizzled in sweet chilli sauce.

And followed by a seriously obese pomegranate.

I fkn win this thread, forever. Fkn gorgeous.

Thread has been won :) Bin tiem :)

<wants to live in MrsQ's house and be fed> :(

Nothing. I iz teh 18-hour-work days. Bah. Had a *wonderful* tinterweb chat :D which was sufficient succour, but still a bit empty belly.

well there was nothing at me dads that i wanted to eat and now i need to go out and find somethin'

maybe i'll get take out roast chicken with mash and mac-cheese?

or i could still do chinese for its open till 9pm

or mcdonalds? :(

all these choices :)

Tonight is ham, bean and pasta soup. Please to be noting: I have made a single £1.75 ham hock last for 3 meals. I R teh frugal. :cool:

Badgers said:
Stupid thread....

Hungry now and not a clue what I am gonna have for tea tonight :(
:D I have to force meself not to look at it after about 3 cos it makes me feel faint with hunger. Doesn't always work though :(

Tonight, I shall be dining on pesto spaghetti, with chargrilled aubergine, and halved cherry tomatoes dressed in olive oil/seasalt/black pepper

Yum

I fried me pork chop last night (whew smoky kitchen!), but first fried a handful of sage leaves and some chopped garlic so the oil tasted of them...then I saved the leaves/garlic and poured them over the chop on the plate - fucking LUSH...the sage leaves went crunchy :cool:

toast, for i shall be at work. then maybe some tuna pasta bake left over from yesterday when i get home. otherwise i will have the bake for lunch if i have time to warm it up when decorators are on their lunch break and i can get in kitchen

Makin some lentil soup with the chicken stock I made last night.
The stock looks a bit rum cos I made it with a red onion but I'm sure it will taste just dandy.

And we've got chilli bread to go with it that I really hope I didn't put too much chilli in!!! Haven't tasted it yet. The breadmaker spat it out at 7am and then we had to go to that thing called work.

God knows. I've got a god-awful headache for the second day running so probably some nurofen and a glass of water.

so last nite I got a chicken sandwich from outside but i was still hungry so i boiled me a couple eggs.

upon taking the shells off, one of the eggs was a greyish colour....why was that? I didn't eat it i just threw it away.

so i just had one boiled egg and one toast for my midnite snack :oops: :D

For the first time ever, I did the salt thing with the aubergines and I think it actually improved them - for griddling purposes anyway. Stunning.

Anyway, tonights delight is mushroom stroganoff. Never made it before but really fancy it, and I have double Jersey cream to go in it, and mange tout to steam to go with it

Hungry now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom