Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef stew. I fancy chinese takeaway but hey. Hopefully the stew will be lovely. I'm making it up as I go along as usual.

*ducks*

*crispy duck and pancakes...

Had the day off so from work today so had the luxury of planning what to cook tonight..

Warm chickpea salad with prawn and olive tagine and rice then Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie icecream for afters :)

god help my waistline though :eek:

crisp sandwiches and when the mouth is filled wtih those, cold milk to make the bread soft, + about 5 or 6 hunks of cheddar on the side.

Been camping for 2 weeks. Need spicy chick pea curry and dahl. Never tried the imfamous Xanadu's Mum's dahl, might have to do that.

sojourner said:
No, you're perfectly correct - I would never dream of sulking at you (with cake :D )

I don't have cake. :(

Are you still sulking at me? :)

You should be nice to me purely *because* I don't have cake. :cool:

I'm sooooo hungry. How can I be so hungry? I've eaten so much food today. But now all I can think about is chips and cake :oops:

Orang Utan said:
BiddlyBee posted a recipe for some really nice oven chips a while back - just chip the potatoes as thick as you like, skin on, add paprika, salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and bang in the oven - way better than anything from a freezer and bought in a shop

They're nice done like that, but not the same as proper, double-fried chips.

Tonight we is having Vietnamese beef noodle soup. :cool:

Dived in M & S on the way home. Lots of "fresh" pasta and sauce, some uber seedy garlic bread and...

meringues :D

Tony Numbers said:
crisp sandwiches and when the mouth is filled wtih those, cold milk to make the bread soft, + about 5 or 6 hunks of cheddar on the side.

Thats the wrongest thing I've heard all week :(

I made jacket spuds with mince, cooked with garlic, onions, tomatoes, pepper and basil (bolognese?) it was the business :cool:

moomoo said:
I've got some left. Do you want one? :)
I have some left too if anyone fancies one. I'd forgotten just how chewy they are. :D

I had the pasta followed by 2 Princess Leia meringues with sliced nectarines and cream. But I needed it after I opened the fridge to get the cream and the picallili rolled out and smashed on the quarry tiles. Then I was trying to clean that up while trying to keep the kittens out of the fridge who were entranced by it and then by the mustardy veggy goo on the floor. Several taps on the nose and reams of bog roll cos I couldn't find the kitchen roll later there were no, thankfully, glass filled felines and I finally got my pud.

moomoo said:
I don't have cake. :(

Are you still sulking at me? :)

You should be nice to me purely *because* I don't have cake. :cool:
I like your rationale moomoo :D

Not sulking anymore because it's FRIDAYY!!! woohoo!!!

ahem

I'm having the same as last night, cos me daughter and her girlf didn't eat theirs, so it's all cold and waiting for me in the fridge :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom