Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

They’re bigger than whitebait though

I think when they're caught young and small they're called whitebait, but when they're a bit bigger they get called sprats.
It's all quite confusing

ETA: I'm 'working from home' and I'm bored :oops:

I think when they're caught young and small they're called whitebait, but when they're a bit bigger they get called sprats.
It's all quite confusing

ETA: I'm 'working from home' and I'm bored :oops:
:D
I’ve been looking them up too. Didn’t realise how many different species small fish are tarred with the same brush - sardines are the same as pilchards but there’s loads of different species. Same with anchovies.

Bacon-wrapped, stuffed chicken breast from the butcher, with potatoes, kale and broccoli.

I bought the chicken breast mainly to make the cost up to the minimum to pay on card. I also bought some sausages for the freezer and a couple of chops for tomorrow night's dinner challenge. Guess which I put in the freezer. :facepalm:

e2a - God my local butcher is good. That was properly delicious. :cool:

Last edited:
Slow cooker thing with new potatoes, squash and carrots then half a chicken on top and lots of lemon and Greek style herbs. Crisped up the skin under the grill before serving. More chocolate orange muffins for afters though with added chocolate frosting.

For OH - the seafood rice dish that I started making for him last night but he was too tired to stay awake for!

For me - lamb stew with potato & courgette mash.

For afters - Strawberries and Kiwi fruit with cream.

Recipe box meal of apricot harissa tofu tagine with quinoa and green beans. Didn't really work as the tofu disintegrated despite allegedly being extra firm.

There’s the other half of a coconut curry in the freezer but I didn’t really enjoy the first half as the chicken was a bit chewy. I’m wondering how I can dodge this. I think it’s that, bacon sandwiches or beans on toast.
I’ve got a jar of chimichurri sauce that I’d really like on a lovely steak but my steaks are always shit.

Back
Top Bottom