Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

That does sound good, especially with mutton. Mmm.

Today's and it's a big cottage pie for added winter warmth. Balls, I've just realised that I didn't pick up extra butter for extra sinful mash.

That does sound good, especially with mutton. Mmm.

Today's and it's a big cottage pie for added winter warmth. Balls, I've just realised that I didn't pick up extra butter for extra sinful mash.

In my house extra sinful mash involves melting a big knob of butter in a frying pan and adding a big lump of grated ginger and 3 cloves of crushed garlic, then beating the lot into the mash with a little cream.

Obviously it could just be naughty mash but the knob, the beating and the cream make it extra sinful.

In my house extra sinful mash involves melting a big knob of butter in a frying pan and adding a big lump of grated ginger and 3 cloves of crushed garlic, then beating the lot into the mash with a little cream.

Obviously it could just be naughty mash but the knob, the beating and the cream make it extra sinful.
*dribbles*

I think I need something with mash tonight :D

Luckily I had mash on the brain before I looked at this thread!

Fillet steak, creamy mushroom sauce and sinful mash it is!!

how do you do chips at home biddly?

image002.jpg

don't want to mess about with all that oil - bit of a faff for only chips - and never was much of a fan of oven chips.
i'll stick to the odd takeaway i think

Gone for a beef jalfrezi in the end. Bubbling away now and smells great. I may have been a little liberal with the chilli but fuck it, it's cold out.

Oi... do you want tea tomorrow woman? :mad:

OU... i tend to settle for oven chips, unless he fancies a dash to the chippy :D

I really fancy steak now you bastards, but just come from the butchers and didn't get any :(

i have on occasion popped out to mcdonalds to get fries whilst the steak is resting, but i nearly always go for mash

Oi... do you want tea tomorrow woman? :mad:

I really fancy steak now you bastards, but just come from the butchers and didn't get any :(

It was just a funny pic :D I shall bring some nom pudding ;)

I might have steak tonight...oooh!!!!! :cool:

McDonalds OU? Fuckin hell!!!

I know ;)

Ooh, don't get pudding often :cool:

Tonight is either beans on toast, plain toast, marmite toast, cheese toasties, eggs on toast or erm eggs and soldier... can you tell I haven't been shopping yet? :D

i like thin fries with steak, not fat chips

You can get thin oven chips! 'American style' they call them sometimes :D

My boy is back, so the leftovers were easy to split - pasta, bolognese and green beans for him, beans on toast for her (cos she had egg and chips instead the other day when she was supposed to have beans on toast :D ) and cauli cheese and green beans for me.
Which is a bit of a shit meal for me actually :mad: so I might have some garlic prawns or something with it - or just a bit of smoked mackerel later :hmm:

Something at Jamies Italian but not sure what as the menu is really uninspiring and the table isn't booked 'til 9. Must try not to fall asleep in my dinner.

We're slowing running out of food cos of the snow....I made bread and we had sandwiches for lunch and just had some roasted vegetables and salmon nom :)

There is absolutely zero fucking chance of me running out of food. :oops: :D

I'm not supposed to have the kids today, but I have a feeling my ex isn't going to make the same effort to collect them as he did to return my son yesterday (cos he wanted to go out ;) )....so I've taken some keema palak out of the freezer for me to have with a mini naan and will just have to do them some southern style chicken strips and chips from the freezer if he leaves it too late to get them back at a reasonable time (or at all, since the very limited buses stopped running altogether after dark last night).

Back
Top Bottom