Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

one of my favs tonight - bubble and squeak (made with mashed potato, sweet potato, swede, onions, leeks and savoy cabbage), cumberland sausages and lashings of onion gravy - Mmmmm

What do you put in it to make in Jamaican?
Rice n' peas is a Jamaican staple. It's usually an accompaniment to Jamaican curries. I don't know why, but I've had a craving for it for a few days, so I'm excited to try making it myself for the first time. Well, as excited as you can be about rice and peas :D

There's a recipe here, if you're interested :) That's the one I'm using, anyway.

Rice n' peas is a Jamaican staple. It's usually an accompaniment to Jamaican curries. I don't know why, but I've had a craving for it for a few days, so I'm excited to try making it myself for the first time. Well, as excited as you can be about rice and peas :D

There's a recipe here, if you're interested :) That's the one I'm using, anyway.

That recipe doesn't even require scotch bonnet peppers!!! Fail.

That sounds nice, although I like Kanda's idea about adding scotch bonnets!

Ms grit is in the process of making home made pizzas with jerk chicken, olives stuffed with feta,peppers,onions and cheese toppings. YUM.

That recipe doesn't even require scotch bonnet peppers!!! Fail.
Good point. However, I don't have any scotch bonnet peppers, so it suited me. I'm not walking half a mile in the snow to get a scotch bonnet pepper! I just improvised with some hot Carribbean spices.

I have eaten it now- lovely! I'm nice and full, n' warm n' toasty. For a first attempt, I'm pretty pleased with that

Pea, bacon and mushroom risotto.

Had to buy a bottle of white wine so I had a glass to put in the risotto. So now I have most of a bottle of wine to drink. Damn.

Yeah think I'm just going to go with leftovers, which means some combination of cauliflower cheese, something with the leftover bolognese, or something involving baked beans :hmm: :D

moghlai lamb with spinach and a potato and tomato curry, both courtesy of madhur jaffrey and both welcome leftovers from last night :)

Mrs R has demanded mushroom stroganoff. Don't fancy rice as we'll be having curry tomorrow so I might do it with tagliatelle.

Stir fry this evening to use up some veg. Normally the base flavours come from Garlic, Chilli and Ginger - with Soy Sauce at the end. Tonight I'll go crazy and use peanut butter, sweet chilli and soy sauce.

Back
Top Bottom