Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Wednesday we had the last Hello Fresh meal, bbq chicken with fries and green beans. We also added mushrooms and cherry tomatoes that needed using.
Last night was cheesy pasta.
Tonight I’m very excited because I’m going out to my favourite Mexican restaurant. It’s a very limited menu at the moment but there’ll be tacos and cocktails. What more do I need? 👍 Mmm tequila.
The pudding options are a bit crap but we’re booked for another pub after so might have pudding there.

Pitta, tara, hummus, veggie sausage rolls and baby plum tomatoes - except that after not having any pitta bread in stock for weeks :hmm: it was back in yesterday so I dumped the flatbreads I'd put in as second best and added the pittas - and now they're showing as out of stock again. :mad: Delivery is due in the next hour so will see what random thing they have chosen to replace it with before coming up with a plan b.

Crisps and choc ices for pudding.

Curry night! (Well curry late afternoon due to OH and his constant bloody night shifts).

He just wanted tarka dal and lots of it, so I have a big pan of that done.
I am having murgh makhani with the last leftovers from my roast chicken.
Mushroom fried rice.
I picked up a pack of veggie samosas, vegetable pakora and onion bhajis from the reduced to clear shelf at lunchtime (bargain, couldn't have worked out better!)
Pitta bread (shop bought, I feel as if I have done enough today already without making breads too, and dinner has to be ready on time so no faffing about doing extras from scratch!)

I just hope that me rattling about in the kitchen all afternoon hasn't been too noisy, he doesn't get enough sleep as it is. :oops:

Thai noodle soup thing. I don't think they'd really tested that recipe, it was a bit of a disaster area.
Second of the chocolate and caramel mooses which mysteriously survived to a second dinnertime.

Back
Top Bottom