Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night we made bad decisions and had fish and chips.

Tonight OH is working and had noodles before he left, I got peckish a bit later and had some Iceland paella which I bulked out a bit with broad beans. A glass of Shiraz. A few Gulyian choccy seashells.

Got some meatballs from the #haggleshelf

Would usually make my own but they were really cheap #haggling so grabbed them. Got to make a decent sauce and will be using gluten free pasta as cooking for infirm neighbour as well.

Cheese atop of course :oops:

Wait, what, you can haggle at the tramps buffet?

I'll be doing early tea today around 4-ish to fit around OH's night shift.

Roast chicken for me, fried tuna steak for him. Steamed green beans. New potatoes with garlic butter. Bit of gravy for me.

(I normally like all the trimmings with my roast chicken but it is warm and really quite humid today and the idea of roasties and stuffing was not doing it for me!)

The second half of a butternut squash and red lentil chilli thing from yesterday, very nice.

Wheatberry and Chickpea Salad with some Feta and loads of veggies.

Forgot to go to the supermarket on the way home from work for some lean protein, so may have a burger from the freezer with it. :hmm:
Is the protein in the wheatberries, the chickpeas and the feta not enough for you?

Is the protein in the wheatberries, the chickpeas and the feta not enough for you?

Well there was a lot of veg in there as well. I'm trying to eat quite a lot of protein at the moment as I'm doing more training, but also because it makes me feel more full.

Plus lovely as these salads are I'm still getting over the idea that it's not just a side. I didn't have a burger though, just left it a bit and had a protein shake later.

It's a wet gloomy day here, and it's making me crave carbs, so spinach and mascarpone wholewheat fusilli for tea, slathered in toasted pine nuts and parmesan.

Tesco's whole and fruit and nut choccy for afters.

Back
Top Bottom