Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Had some fellow musicians round to the garden so made pitta bread in the chiminea, with veggie sausages, roast veg and salads.Jam (session) for pudding.

I'll do pitta again, it was really satisfying to watch it puff up and it comes out lovely. Plus, if I make pizza it's nice but I end up spending loads of time in the kitchen not talking to my guests.

Every time people come round they bring more alcohol than they drink. The house is awash with random beers.

Instead I’m at home alone as it’s late shift for partner and I can’t face cooking and can’t think of any inspiration delivery food wise.
Help! Suggestions!

Liked for the leftovers RubyToogood, not the no-shows. How rude :mad:

We've just had sausage, sage and onion creamy spaghetti (hello fresh), which was absolutely delicious. Really hit the spot.
Really rude. One of them is notoriously late, but I didn't think he'd fail to turn up at all or that current gf would fail to get them there.

What's even more annoying is that he's horribly charming and one always ends up forgiving him :mad:

Katsu curry and sticky rice with broccoli - with chicken for me and the boy and a Fry's burger for the girl.

White choc and peach traybake with squirty cream for pudding.

My daughter fell over in the woods on the way back from school. Said she had that fleeting moment of wanting to burst into tears but jumped straight up again and didn't look around to check if anyone had seen :thumbs:

She has a deep gouge in her knee (and a hole in her tracky bottoms!) so had a soak in the bath and then gave her knee a good clean with some diluted TCP.

So, to make up for her trauma, I also made her an after dinner hot chocolate - in the style that my friend's mum used to make when I was little, in their fancy, modern Moulinex :cool: - using a handheld blender... more squirty cream on top.

She said it tasted of Katsu :mad: (did it in the same pan but literally washed it twice for precisely that reason) and I've just eaten my pudding out of the bowl she obvs used earlier, which stunk of TCP :facepalm: :D

Really rude. One of them is notoriously late, but I didn't think he'd fail to turn up at all or that current gf would fail to get them there.

What's even more annoying is that he's horribly charming and one always ends up forgiving him :mad:

People who are naturally charming seem to think they can get away with doing whatever they like because they'll always talk their way out of it.

I hope you managed to find a use for all the food, not turning up at all with no notice is super rude. :(

People who are naturally charming seem to think they can get away with doing whatever they like because they'll always talk their way out of it.

I hope you managed to find a use for all the food, not turning up at all with no notice is super rude. :(
He still hasn't said anything. Total silence except for posting a random picture in the group chat. I do think flakiness is particularly inconsiderate in the rule of six era because you've taken up a place someone else could have had. There were other people I'd have liked to invite.

I have eaten most of the leftovers now.

I'm a bit behind on the recipe box as a result. Tonight had lentil stuffed roast peppers with almond crumb and salad. I think I'm going to keep the box up for a while. It's like having someone more sensible than me deciding what's for dinner, and that can't be a bad thing. I get one night off a week where I can make pizza or have chips or something. It had a bad patch recently but seems to have recovered.

Back
Top Bottom