Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A cruel lasagne/mousaka hybrid with a 4-cheese sauce and beef mince Bolognese topped with fresh tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Might even have some sauerkraut on the side for “gut health” as Mrs SFM suggested 🙂

I have made a tomato pasta sauce with olives and capers and anchovies and spinach and mushrooms and bacon and smoked sausage in it. Plus all the herbs and a load of garlic. Just deciding whether to have it with shells and a bit of Parmesan or go into completely over the top fatso mode and make a Stilton cheese sauce with more Parmesan and turn it into a completely filthy and immoral lasagne.
Yeah, I know where this is going. Ho for the Stilton.

The other half of the Mexican rice thing with some mini veg sausage rolls and fake chicken nugget things from the freezer to finish them up.

There was an intermission yesterday for chiminea pizza where I tried some new toppings: 1) Giardiniera type thing with veg, not bad, the asparagus came out well, 2) Mushroom, mascarpone, garlic and PSB, pretty nice but burnt the bottom, 3) classic with olives, basil artichokes and sundried tomato - def the best.

A weird carby mishmash of oven food. A pizza pocket, 2 hash browns, a handful of fries and a few onion rings. Our recipe box arrived today but we’ve been cleaning and sorting stuff all day so had zero energy to cook.

Back
Top Bottom