Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight we're having kale and quinoa burgers topped with fried onions, tomato, lettuce, American burger sauce (it's yummy) all in a toasted brioche bun....with homemade chunky chips.
Followed by oats and walnut yoghurt and maybe an hour after that, a cup of tea and a slice of battenburg cake.

Falfal and stuff.

Thought I'd try making a wheat berry salad. Boiled the bloody things for an hour and they are still like bullets. Got the arse and stuck them in the pressure cooker. They are tough little buggers. If I get them soft enough I'm going to serve them with roasted chickpeas and feta.

Junk food tonight from the Iceland TGI Fridays range. Boneless bbq chicken wings and loaded skins. Maybe some corn on the cob for health.
We paused our recipe box this week and it shows!

I deliberately did a menu plan for this week made up of lots of my standard OMFG I CBFA options (as a little present to myself :rolleyes: ) ...then realised we're just having what are effectively sandwiches for dinner most nights :D :thumbs:

a quote that has haunted me forever is from a peter mandleson interview. the interviewer asked him why he looks so trim and in shape at 107 or whatever he was at hte time.

"I stay hungry all the time."

shudder.

pretty irresponsible quote i guess.
It's cos I've started swimming again. Mind you, I'm often ravenously hungry at this time of night and I just ignore it because I wouldn't sleep if I ate.

Back
Top Bottom