Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I should add to my last post, too, that it's not JUST a vegan pub/meal, they're also running a very limited menu! :mad: I mean FML, right now! :( :facepalm:

Tbf, for her ACTUAL birthday, on Fri, she has just requested Curly Fries and Cookie Dough ice cream <3 so the LEAST I can do is to enjoy my plate of buffalo cauli 'wings' and a sharing plate of... hummus and sweet potato chips and that. :D

Her brother is going to buy her her first pint. :cool:

A lentil lasagne, that I didn't make, side salad and I think a cheese sause (it wasn't labled and it may have been a vegan "cheese" sause, but in all fairness they could have replaced the vegan cheese with crack and it would have been less more-ish).

I joined our local food co-op a few weeks back and have been trying to mostly live off their offerings, plus some veg from the garden and foraged stuff from the local parks /woods.

This was the first time I tried the stuff they cook in-house and TBH I wasn't looking forward to it, but it really was pretty good.

This was what I got this week for a fiver - I forgot there were also some apples and carrots that I forgot to put in the picfg.jpg

I just made a bloody lovely home made veggie pasta bolognese. Didn't realise it was so easy and didn't expect it to be such a success. I'm rather pleased with myself.

I put chestnut mushrooms with it instead of carrots. No room in my freezer compartment for garlic bread unfortunately, but there was plenty of grub on my plate. Put some vegan violife grated cheese on it.

Feels like I've done some proper cooking for the first time in yonks.

Last edited:
A lentil lasagne, that I didn't make, side salad and I think a cheese sause (it wasn't labled and it may have been a vegan "cheese" sause, but in all fairness they could have replaced the vegan cheese with crack and it would have been less more-ish).

I joined our local food co-op a few weeks back and have been trying to mostly live off their offerings, plus some veg from the garden and foraged stuff from the local parks /woods.

This was the first time I tried the stuff they cook in-house and TBH I wasn't looking forward to it, but it really was pretty good.

This was what I got this week for a fiver - I forgot there were also some apples and carrots that I forgot to put in the picView attachment 265107
Good haul for £5, goodness.

i went to Morrisons and a load of yellow stickered cream cakes accidentallyd into my trolley.

So tea will be somethingorother (pasta pesto maybe) and definitely cream cakes - got raspberry and cream buns, apple and cream turnovers, and vanilla custard slices. Om nom nom (am holding off until OH gets back from work, so probably about 2am will be making bad dietary choices)

Back
Top Bottom