Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I was going to say that I so know that feeling and that it sounds like a day for either toast or a takeaway... and then....

Do it! :cool:

Would love to, can't afford it - this last couple of years have been an absolute bastard - got fish & chips on my birthday, next takeaway or delivery or meal out I predict happening in 2024 if our finances have improved.

What do you mean by turkish bread?

I am not Numbers but I know the restaurant, the bread is a puffy but flat circular/oval yeast proven bread and every Turkish restaurant or takeaway or shop in East or North London sells it and it is bloody lush (and I have a good recipe for it and make it at home sometimes if anyone wants the recipe - and btw you can get it to rise higher in the middle if you don't do all the markings on it - either way is bloody lush).

Ok. Its just that there are loads of kinds of Turkish bread and the bog standard one is rubbish, so good to know what is meant in the UK by the term

This is standard bread in Turkey (its not good):

05120000-a957e2-1650x1650.jpg

Ok. Its just that there are loads of kinds of Turkish bread and the bog standard one is rubbish, so good to know what is meant in the UK by the term

This is standard bread in Turkey (its not good):

View attachment 264625

Oh no it isn't that, and the stuff that we call "Turkish Bread" here, at least in this part of London from Turkish restaurants is fucking amazing :D

It looks very much like Ramazan pide, which is the best. Last year during curfew weekends, the ramazan pide van would drive slowly around the streets. Running out to buy several freshly bajed, warm pides, was often the highlight of the day. Not available the rest of the year, making it more special.

Yeah that is it exactly and it is lovely. It is available here any time because I cook it myself if I fancy some ;) :D

Would love to, can't afford it - this last couple of years have been an absolute bastard - got fish & chips on my birthday, next takeaway or delivery or meal out I predict happening in 2024 if our finances have improved.

I know that one - was where the toast came in!
For me, there just always has to be a NOT ARSED option, when I REALLY can't be bothered to even think about cooking.
Luckily we all like beans on toast well enough, or porridge :D during the times that a takeaway hasn't been an option, on the odd days that I just cba.
I think it's an entitlement when you are the main/sole provider of food in your household, too!
Hope things pick up for you - it's hard times, I know.

Back
Top Bottom