Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night we had epic burgers delivered from a local pub. Bacon, cheddar, bbq sauce and onions on mine, bacon and blue cheese on his. Both with chips, coleslaw and onion rings. Massive and a bargain at less than £10 each with free delivery :cool: #thisiswhyimfat

Roast chicken breast, saute potatoes and rocket and wild garlic salad tonight as a slightly healthier option.

Using what random stuff I've got in. Tarka dal with tortilla chips, and a red onion & chive bagel toasted and eaten by itself. Healthy-ish food before heading to bed.

It was going to be dauphinois potatoes, lamb steaks and green beans but the steaks are out of date because I’m a twat. The half cooked potatoes and everything else I prepped is now in the fridge and we’ve ordered a curry. I’ve got chicken ceylon and coconut rice. We’ve got a mushroom curry to share.

Had a lovely prawn stir fry with teriyaki sauce. In other news I read today that in Ireland old age ppl are bent told not to drink tea with meals. I think that's the last thing peeps are thinking about at tea time right now with everything else going on!

Had a lovely prawn stir fry with teriyaki sauce. In other news I read today that in Ireland old age ppl are bent told not to drink tea with meals. I think that's the last thing peeps are thinking about at tea time right now with everything else going on!

I just had to google it, apparently tea can inhibit iron absorption so having an hour break between food and a cuppa is apparently a good idea.

I am sure that must only be advised with people who are maybe prone to or already at risk of iron deficiency anaemia though, I don't see any good reason to wreck the lives (well teatimes) of millions of elderly folk for this reason - it seems a bit ott.

Back
Top Bottom