Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Had the veggie pie that was made on Saturday & got bumped last night -was even better second time round. Putting the ‘pimp my salad’ mix on the mash before cooking is a winner.

Salt & pepper prawns for OH and chicken for me. Veggie chow mein.

EDIT: I got too big a chunk of ginger out of the freezer so as I really like it my dish ended up being ginger chicken rather than salt and pepper chicken

Last edited:
Spaghetti with spicy sausage and tomato/secret vegetable sauce. Garlic bread and salad. Lemon buttermilk cornettos for afters even though it's freezing.

Got some salt & pepper prawns for OH and some ginger chicken for me left over from last night - not enough of each to constitute a meal though, so I am going to add loads of veg (mushrooms, red pepper, carrot, celery, onion) to each and serve with egg fried rice, I'm just cooking the rice now and will cool it ready to fry when OH gets in from work at whatever time he arrives (I guess midnight, 1am or something like that!)

Doing all the prep now so it will only take a few minutes to cook it all when he gets in :)

Made a new recipe today for LivingEtc mag - roast squash with sage butter and olives. Slightly varied it as it called for macadamia nuts but, Christ, they were pricier per gram than gold I think, so I just used cashews because I had some. Came out pretty nicely, may keep recipe for veggie guests, when we can actually have such people.

Steak and horseradish pie for me, Veggie pukka pie for him. Chips. Coleslaw. Possibly peas and/or sweetcorn (probably at about 1am when OH gets in, he has some pub shifts which is great but we're straight back into tea at odd times :D )

Last night was Hello Fresh mango chicken and bulgur wheat. We added some jarred peppers but the texture was weird. Nice dinner though. Tonight is either lamb steaks or spicy burgers.

On me ownio again tonight, fella's out at a care call til 8. Tuna mayo baked spuds for me then, with a salad.

One of those posh Gu salted caramel cheesecakey type things for afters. The ones that taste fucking amazing but are never quite big enough.

Back
Top Bottom