Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night I used up the leftover roast chicken, I added it to: couscous, zhoug, olives, preserved lemon, green beans and sweety drop peppers.
It was delicious and there's enough leftover for my lunch today.

Tonight it's burgers (wagyu ones from Aldi) and skin-on fries.

I made a non-meat pork pie earlier in the week. It was a disaster as a pork pie, but a very good pie in it's own right. I've decided, therefore, to make a similar thing. Possibly with a cheese and onion filling though.

I made a non-meat pork pie earlier in the week. It was a disaster as a pork pie, but a very good pie in it's own right. I've decided, therefore, to make a similar thing. Possibly with a cheese and onion filling though.
What was in it? I like pie

What was in it? I like pie
I substituted the meat with a vegan minced "meat" from Lidl. I can't find a pic on the UK site so, perhaps, it isn't available there.

ETA Found a pic

Attachments

• vegan-plant-based-news-lidl-vegan-mince-livekindly-Cropped-1-e1568648767319.jpg
    vegan-plant-based-news-lidl-vegan-mince-livekindly-Cropped-1-e1568648767319.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
Another stupid busy day today, so an easy peasy tea. Tesco pizzas - ham, mushroom and mascarpone for moi, 4 cheese and balsamic onion for him. Olives, salad. NOM.

Rice Krispie space cakes, then alllll the crisps, cashews, and perhaps some tiramisu with raspberries and blueberries too. Well, when you're not drinking, it's kind of the law to massively overindulge in other stuff, innit? :hmm::thumbs:

Gousto box chicken skewers, roasted new potatoes, pepper salsa and chipotle mayo. Really lovely.
I’ll have a cream horn when the Tesco order arrives.
ETA- they’re out of stock. 😡

Last edited:
I think I have come to a decision!

Chicken Kiev from the freezer, chips, coleslaw, tomato and cucumber salad.

It's been last minute night shifts for OH all week, but he's currently booked for the whole weekend - which allows me to plan a bit, we can have a late lunch/early tea together on Saturday and Sunday rather than meals being a bit ad hoc and disorganised! :) We are getting through some of the ready meals and batch cooking that has been tucked away in the freezer for just such events though :)

Our local community centre has started a food co-op thing. Three big bags of random food for a fiver (veggie or meat eaters). There's some stuff in there that I won't use and I'll rehome it, but I've now got two big fuckoff celariacs to use up. So tonight I think it will be root veg and barley salad with feta, pomegranate and wild garlic

I'm having chilli and rice. Still have coleslaw that needs using so will have some of that too.
Will also make veggie chilli for OH, he can heat it up when he gets in from work in the morning.

I think we also still have doughnuts

Back
Top Bottom