Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Veggie pie -mushrooms , carrots, parsnips & green lentils topped with mash that was sprinkled with ‘pimp my salad’ which is ground cashews, yeast, sunflower seeds & salt which gives a crunchy topping. Will have with green beans. Had with broccoli last night & I near cried as I don’t see broccoli as a Saturday night dinner!

Change of plan for dinner , friend & neighbour dropped round freshly made veg lasagne so that with skin on chips & salad. Will have pie tomorrow.

Bit of a recipe box fail with two substitutions and a missed ingredient, but Korean glazed BBQ pork with rice, edamame beans and spinach. It was very nice, regardless.

I seem to have fallen into having fish and meat recipes sometimes again because otherwise the choice is either tofu which is fine but not every day, or beans which I find a bit indigestible. The fact they don't do dairy at all makes the choices more limited, and they don't seem to do nuts as a protein very often.

Anyway, I will probably reduce my box size when I'm out and about a bit more, and stop it over the summer if/when I'm producing my own veg.

Kebab meat (I bought a bag of frozen kebab meat in the supermarket, slightly ashamed but it was delicious) with homemade flat breads, tabbouleh a cabbage/raw onion/chilli thing that only I would eat. Homemade oat and raisin cookies for afters.

Back
Top Bottom