Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight we'll be having the sausage casserole that was originally planned for last night.

Pork sausages for me, Richmond meat-free for him. Onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, in a herby cider gravy.
Potato and courgette mash.

Goat curry. First time I've cooked with it, but was in Levenshulme this afternoon stocking up on stuff I can't easily get in a supermarket and thought I'd give it a whirl. We've also got shed loads of leeks my partners grown, so I'm going to stick them in a dahl. Not quite the right cuisine, but got some khubz whilst out to go with it as well. :)

I've found Hello Fresh a bit of an eye opener in that regard sojourner, made me realise that I normally cook waaay too much, especially carbs.

Chicken, halloumi and red pepper kebabs, spicy wedges, soured cream and guacamole for us tonight.
Yeh, really surprised me. And normally I would eat all that no bother :D Might be adjusting down next time I make wedges!

Yeh, really surprised me. And normally I would eat all that no bother :D Might be adjusting down next time I make wedges!
Portion control is deffo one of the big things recipe boxes help with. That and managing the amount of oil etc you put in things.

Tonight was Sri Lankan style brussels sprout and cashew curry, with quinoa and sweet potato. I was a bit uncertain but willing to give it a whirl and it was nice, something different.

It's one of those dishes which tastes better than the ingredients suggest, and even better the next day.

This is the recipe I found, do you have a particular preferred recipe?

This is the recipe I found, do you have a particular preferred recipe?

I use the HFW one.
Its similar.

We had an orange junk food tea - rösti, onion rings, mini vegan franks, half a higgidy red pepper/aubergine gratin.
The last of the berry sponge pudding (thank goodness, we both might have exploded)

Tonight we're having stir-fry/seitan/katsu/sesame rice kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom