Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Roast chicken leg for me, tuna steak for OH. Roast spuds, steamed broccoli. Maybe some stuffing.
I think we have a lot of doughnuts for afters, OH got a shift at a doughnut place today and apparently was given a box at the end of his shift! We'll see if he makes it home without scoffing the lot.

We had one of those Co op posh individual pizzas each. Well, I think they're individual - they might serve 2. They're only big enough for 1 though :hmm: I had spicy salty meat and he had margerita. Garlic baguette,, watercress/rocket/spinach salad, black olives.

Sticky toffee pudding and double cream.

Lamb fillet (75% off just before closing time), with colcannon left over from yesterday (when I had it with baked cod, but it was at least a small concession to St Patrick).

Roast chicken leg for me, tuna steak for OH. Roast spuds, steamed broccoli. Maybe some stuffing.
I think we have a lot of doughnuts for afters, OH got a shift at a doughnut place today and apparently was given a box at the end of his shift! We'll see if he makes it home without scoffing the lot.

(Box of 12 very fresh iced doughnuts arrived home with OH, so after a late dinner we each had a glass of red wine, a mug of hot chocolate (Hotel Chocolat hazelnut stuff), and 4 doughnuts each. Can barely move and don't want to think about how much fat and sugar I have eaten. We will have the rest tomorrow)

Chinese fakeaway night. It's been a weekly theme, not so good for our waste lines, but bits of deep fried meat in sauce is oh so tasty. Going try a new one, a slightly bonkers sounding orange chicken, which apparently is a yank takeaway favorite. Sticking with stuff I know smoked chili pork and some rice, noodles and more then likely salt and pepper chips.

Was going to be baked fish in white sauce ... but decided to save that for tomorrow, to celebrate a fence building session.

Instead I'm having a light snack (scambled egg on toast) and maybe something for supper, instead.

That pizza looks amazing

I can report that my fajitas were terrible. I’ve never cooked with an electric hob before so that proved a challenge - I now know it doesn’t heat as quickly as gas. Also all the veg was mush - as it had frozen in the fridge which was set too cold - discovered yesterday and then defrosted as my fridge which ruined the peppers, the onions didn’t fry off well. The fridge was then too warm this evening after tweaking it last night. I’m beginning to understand why it was left behind in the house my friend bought last year

I will have to hope for more luck next time round.

We were supposed to be having a sausage casserole but the light bulb in the kitchen went and I couldn't find batteries for a torch that had died so I waited for OH to get home and hold up a mobile phone so I could see to change the bulb. He had more doughnuts so we didn't bother with dinner and just ate doughnuts instead. :oops:

I also had gin, he had vanilla rum.

Back
Top Bottom