Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yeah, Mrs B tells me she's started getting them in her veg box too - apparently they've existed as a hybrid for a decade, wonder why they're suddenly available everywhere this year?
Our veg box company concentrate on trying to get things as local as possible and the weather has been quite shit for a lot of the crops you’d get this time of year from what they’ve said, so I suspect they’ve started trying them out as other crops have gone tits up. The last month has been the first time I’ve ever had them and we’ve been getting bags for over 2 years.

my Pavlovian response just kicked in reading that💦

This is the recipe I use - what goes in it depends on what fish I can get hold of fairly cheaply - tilapia is usually a good bet. I sometimes make it with seafood instead, prawns or squid work well with the same sauce.

Home made chicken curry with one of these.
View attachment 258310

They're bloody lovely sprinkled with a few Nigella seeds before you fry them. My house smells very aromatic now. :D

Remembered to look for these in Morrisons when I was in there today - difficult choices were made but we came away with a pack of garlic ones to try. Have a curry planned later in the week, will report back!

(Was delighted to find they were on special offer at the moment too, reduced to £1.20 from £1.40)

Home built tuna pasta bake, with extra pasta / veggies.
Very welcome as I've spent about six hours outside, bashing the rugarosas (again, but I've almost finished pruning them, now)

Not sure about "afters" other than more coffee.

Back
Top Bottom