Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Seared scallops with blood orange, shrimp and samphire
Peppery as fuck watercress with more of the orange & shrimp beurre blanc as dressing
Hake, potato, psb and cherry tomato traybake with garlic & preserved lemon yoghurt dressing
Berries and vanilla creme fraiche at some point maybe if anyone can face more food

I've never heard of flower sprouts before, but they look quite nice - did you grow them or buy them?
They've just started turning up in the booths and no-one knows what to do with them so they end up in the tramps buffet pretty often - picked some up on the off chance a few months ago and I've bought them regularly since, they're very nice indeed.

I had never heard of either of them til I googled flower sprouts in December tbh. But they are the same thing I think.
They are the same. They just started turning up in our veg bag and as far as I can tell you just treat them like sprouts. They’re very tasty. We’ve had them roasted in oil and stir fried with garlic, chilli and ginger and were excellent both ways :thumbs:

Yeah, Mrs B tells me she's started getting them in her veg box too - apparently they've existed as a hybrid for a decade, wonder why they're suddenly available everywhere this year?

Back
Top Bottom