Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Delivery received, it wasn't a hot cheese toastie (I had very limited info about this deal) - it was a promotional box containing 350g Pilgrim's Choice Extra Mature Vintage Cheddar or something like that, some bread, some jars containing butter, pickled celery and bloody mary sauce, with a recipe card about how to turn this into a variation on grilled cheese and a display card (to put on the bar, today's toasted sandwich deal is... etc) - all in a presentation box.

Going to put it in the fridge for now instead of scoffing it as it is Nate's thing - everything but the bread will keep for a good amount of time, we can have fancy bloody mary grilled cheese when he is out of hospital.

I just don't have the wherewithal to sort out any food right now, I haven't slept in ages - think I will go kip for a few hours and see what takes my fancy when I wake up - although it may be more towards breakfast time than tea :D

Slow cooker chicken curry. Made up a load of stock and marinaded a load of chicken thighs overnight. Heavy on the Garlic and Coriander.

Wholegrain rice, chapati, mango chutney and mint yogurt on the side.
Sounds fantastic Badgers

Just had a report back from OH - his dinner was aloo gobi and moong dal - I guess the benefit of being in hospital in this area is that they seem to do really good Indian options on the menu, most of it veggie or vegan, and by all accounts properly spicy, not some toned down stuff - he's been in 2 days and had veggie curries for 3 meals so far and says it's really good, far better than the other menu options. Of course being on corticosteroids helps, I can tell they have kicked in because every other text he sends me involves food in some way!

Just had a report back from OH - his dinner was aloo gobi and moong dal - I guess the benefit of being in hospital in this area is that they seem to do really good Indian options on the menu, most of it veggie or vegan, and by all accounts properly spicy, not some toned down stuff - he's been in 2 days and had veggie curries for 3 meals so far and says it's really good, far better than the other menu options. Of course being on corticosteroids helps, I can tell they have kicked in because every other text he sends me involves food in some way!
That’s funny Epona

Back
Top Bottom