Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Just had a report back from OH - his dinner was aloo gobi and moong dal - I guess the benefit of being in hospital in this area is that they seem to do really good Indian options on the menu, most of it veggie or vegan, and by all accounts properly spicy, not some toned down stuff - he's been in 2 days and had veggie curries for 3 meals so far and says it's really good, far better than the other menu options. Of course being on corticosteroids helps, I can tell they have kicked in because every other text he sends me involves food in some way!
Yeah in London the safest hospital food option is always the Indian or other ethnic one.

I am allegedly getting a delivery of a free promotional cheese toastie within the next 20 minutes - something OH arranged from somethingoranother but he's in hospital so if it turns up I'll eat it.

Will probably want something else later but not sure what at this point, I have 2kg of potatoes and no butter which is a bit tricky.
Hash browns!

OH got home from hospital, we're having 2 teas tonight (it was too late for the first to be considered lunch):

Early tea I made the bloody mary grilled cheese toasties from the kit that was delivered on Saturday (some special promotion by Pilgrim's Choice that OH managed to sign up to - not going to say no to free food) - absolutely fucking lush!!

Late tea will be some reheated roast chicken (for me) and stuffed pointy red peppers (for him) with tomato rice, patatas bravas, and some salad.

I had some pastry that needed using up so made tuna empanadillas. I did a baked potato in the microwave and finished it in the oven. This was served with butter, and cheese. For afters I used some homemade apple butter with yogurt. An evening of using up leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom