Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Literally going to burst. Sticky/crispy chilli tofu, stir fried hoisin veggies, and a mountain of wholewheat noodles.
Every single time I read 'one slab per person' on the packet, but think it looks a bit stingy and chuck another one in. * explodes *

A lie down for dessert.

Just finished eating some home made cottage pie with panfried green tomatoes (picked from the garden before they get blighted).

First time I've really had green tomatoes - my partner added some filipino shrimp paste (bagu ong), which brought out a nice savoury note in them and counteracted the bitterness slightly.

Gotta make some salsa verde tomorrow to use up some of the tomatillos

I never really know what to do with Halloumi, it's a new thing for me, so just soak it to get the salt out, then drizzle oil and herbs on it and pan fry it. :oops:
You're missing a big point of it then. Salty goodness is what makes halloumi. It's fab with a tomato salad - good vine toms, ripened, sliced and seasoned then drizzled with olive oil and left to sit for a while. Draws out tomatoey loveliness and goes perfect with hallo you hallo me.

What’s wrong with salt? Just fry it or grill it. Then put it on sandwiches with brown sauce.

stands back, proud of himself. Waits
You're missing a big point of it then. Salty goodness is what makes halloumi. It's fab with a tomato salad - good vine toms, ripened, sliced and seasoned then drizzled with olive oil and left to sit for a while. Draws out tomatoey loveliness and goes perfect with hallo you hallo me.

I'd never had it before and we were having a small BBQ back in the summer (when we were allowed). A girlfriend of one of those invited is vegetarian, so I asked what she would like. She told me what to get and how to prepare it, hence the soaking of halloumi.

Back
Top Bottom