Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

How many do you get through a week?

I probably get through between 15 and 20.
It varies - some weeks two dozen, some weeks just half a dozen. Depends on what I feel like eating. But it always has to half a dozen at a time - that just feels right.

My cholesterol is fine sojourner - dietary sources don't make much difference as your body produces it anyway, and other fats have a bigger impact.

Foods containing cholesterol

Some foods naturally contain cholesterol, called dietary cholesterol. Foods such as kidneys, eggs and prawns are higher in dietary cholesterol than other foods.

Dietary cholesterol has much less of an effect on the level of cholesterol in your blood than the amount of saturated fat you eat does.

Lower your cholesterol

I also eat this sort of stuff which lowers cholesterol too, apart from avocados which I don't often buy.
  • oily fish – such as mackerel and salmon
  • nuts – such as almonds and cashews
  • seeds – such as sunflower and pumpkin seeds
  • avocados
  • vegetable oils and spreads – such as rapeseed or vegetable oil, sunflower, olive, corn and walnut oils

I have prawns, noodles and a pack of stir fry vegetables, so some sort of concoction. But I haven't got any sauce - any ideas of an easy one I can whip up with storecupboard ingredients? I've got soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, loads of spices and all sorts.

I'd say you're set with the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey.

Yes, that, though I'd add a dash of Chinese cooking wine.

This evening I've done what I often do when tired and fed up: stopped into the butcher on my way home and got one of his pre-prepared things, a stuffed chicken breast I'm having with new potatoes and salad.

e2a - Donaldson's does it again: that was delicious. :cool:

Last edited:
I am allegedly getting a delivery of a free promotional cheese toastie within the next 20 minutes - something OH arranged from somethingoranother but he's in hospital so if it turns up I'll eat it.

Will probably want something else later but not sure what at this point, I have 2kg of potatoes and no butter which is a bit tricky.

Back
Top Bottom