Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Superb discourse analysis. 5 mins of explanation of how Trump / Scaramucci are manipulating perceptions through the press, running the adminstration with sales and showbiz techniques.

Reactions: CRI
haha...got to admit, opposite for me...the Mouche has just breathed another whole level of insane energy into the deranged dog and pony show....properly off it's gunders all this : :cool:

Analysis | Anthony Scaramucci’s vulgar New Yorker interview is beyond words

You're quite right, anyone who voted for him because they thought it'd be good entertainment is definitely getting their moneysworth. It's probably just the more devout christians amongst his supporters who may be struggling a bit with the whole utter mentalist obscene sweary style of the new Communications Director. :D

So we should encourage macho prejudice because it suits the democratic party?
I think crusading in culture warfare has its downsides but it's not the 60s the Dems would lose the very progressive coastal folk if they suddenly went all John Wayne or even Jimmy Carter. For God's sake the most popular liberal politician of the moment is an elderly, social democratic, hope monger.

We might start by acknowledging aspects of the conservative US mindset which Trump appealed to when campaigning. Denial that people have differing and deeply entrenched world views from those of the progressives is a silly position.

Trump's weaknesses of character are really a matter of immaturity. At 71 he's not really a fully rounded grown up. You don't have to be a John Wayne fan to get that but it may help. This has obvious political consequences which Republicans are not blind to. A chaotic Whitehouse getting little done in domestic policy and growing problems in international relations.

I think crusading in culture warfare has its downsides but it's not the 60s the Dems would lose the very progressive coastal folk if they suddenly went all John Wayne or even Jimmy Carter. For God's sake the most popular liberal politician of the moment is an elderly, social democratic, hope monger.

We might start by acknowledging aspects of the conservative US mindset which Trump appealed to when campaigning. Denial that people have differing and deeply entrenched world views from those of the progressives is a silly position.

Trump's weaknesses of character are really a matter of immaturity. At 71 he's not really a fully rounded grown up. You don't have to be a John Wayne fan to get that but it may help. This has obvious political consequences which Republicans are not blind to. A chaotic Whitehouse getting little done in domestic policy and growing problems in international relations.
What on earth does this badly written tosh have to do with the post you've quoted? It might as well be Game of Thrones to you. There's nothing about politics or morality, just breathless (and really badly written. I don't think you know what a sentence is) commentary on the narrative.

President Trump told police officers not to be "too nice" to suspects they are arresting while giving a major law enforcement and immigration policy speech in Long Island, N.Y., on Friday.

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddywagon, you just see them thrown in, rough. I said please don't be too nice," Trump told the audience at Suffolk County Community College in Brentwood, where the county's police force is centered.

"Like when you put somebody into a car and you protect their head? ... I said you can take the hand away, OK?" Trump added.

Trump was referencing the way officers routinely place suspects into the back of police cars, appearing to suggest officers take less care to make sure suspects don't hit their head while entering the vehicle.

The suggestion was met by cheers in the crowd.

There's nothing about politics or morality, just breathless (and really badly written. I don't think you know what a sentence is) commentary on the narrative.

I can't help but feel that there should be a semi-colon in there, somewhere. Anyway, I'm not convinced you should be throwing stones re badly written.

What on earth does this badly written tosh have to do with the post you've quoted? It might as well be Game of Thrones to you. There's nothing about politics or morality, just breathless (and really badly written. I don't think you know what a sentence is) commentary on the narrative.
As a genuine 70s Secondary Modern boy I now feel oppressed by a true master of the language. That last bit of the usual content free blathering may need grammatical work by the way.

^Co-founder of the Heritage Foundation.

Always interesting when they say what's obvious out loud isn't it? Here's Scott Walker talking about undermining unions collective bargaining rights to his billionaire no.1 donor. He uses the phrase 'divide to conquer' out loud. And i bet the Conservatives in the UK and here in Canada have similar conversations all the time. He gets candid from 02:00.

Last edited:
As a genuine 70s Secondary Modern boy I now feel oppressed by a true master of the language. That last bit of the usual content free blathering may need grammatical work by the way.

Me falling victim of Muphry's law doesn't actually do anything to improve the quality of the meandering toss you post up here.

I do apologise for the lack of content in my posts but there weren't any relevant articles on TAC or the Daily Mail that you hadn't 'blogged' yet. Maybe you could leave one for me to slap up with three lines of pointless cod psychology under it and I could become a trainee blogger too.

Great takes.

Why the Trump dynasty will last sixteen years | Edward Luttwak

That gathering of lean and hungry Clintonians is the world mercilessly exposed in Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s doomed campaign by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes. Meticulously researched and strenuously unbiased, it is the most useful book published so far on the 2016 Presidential election as a whole, as well as the Clinton campaign specifically. It certainly convinced me that Clinton did not understand in what country she was running for election: not one populated by black women (they dominated her convention), environmental activists, patriotic Muslims, vegans, committed free-traders and social engineers, but chiefly a country of car owners and bitterly frustrated would-be new car owners, a far better categorization than Clinton’s own “deplorables”

Shattered is a great read btw, well recommended, I would disagree with the author of the TLS piece insofar that it is unbiased I think it was very strongly anti-Sanders but was nonetheless a very useful insight into the dysfunction of the Clinton campaign.

Last edited:
Sos...whats happening to Sessions .....? or was that so yesterday

The senate and house have made it clear, that in the event of Trump firing Sessions they won't confirm any appointment by Trump. Trump seems to forget that Sessions was an enormously popular Senator, and still has friends on both sides of the isle. Also, he seems to forget that before he was the Whitehouse whipping boy Prebuis was the chairman of the GoP. By attacking these two he's alienating the whole party. I suspect that if Trump can't help the GoP pass their tax reform, they'll look at his poll numbers, and how its hurting the party in the 2018 elections. If they get creamed in 2018, they'll turn on Trump and call for impeachment, so they can get Pence in and try and salvage the last two years of the Presidency.

Remember this day, July 28, 2017: The day Donald Trump became a lame duck president. More significantly, the day the tea party revolution ended and Washington began the return to “regular order.”

This is a Waterloo moment for Trump, the tea party and their alliance. They have been stopped in their tracks not only by Democratic opposition but because of a mutiny within their own ranks. Although never particularly liked or respected, it is now clear that they are no longer feared. The bankruptcy of their ideas and their incompetence have been exposed. Their momentum has been dissipated. Their rejection of political norms has itself been scorned. Our long national nightmare may finally be coming to an end.

Perspective | Mark this date: Donald Trump is now a lame-duck president

In a speech to law enforcement officials in Long Island on Friday, the president of the United States delivered a clear and chilling message: He thinks that unauthorized immigrants are subhuman, and that law enforcement should treat them accordingly.

Trump just delivered the most chilling speech of his presidency

The Suffolk County police quickly distanced itself from Trump’s comments, saying Friday that it would not accept this treatment of people in custody.

“The Suffolk County Police Department has strict rules and procedures relating to the handling of prisoners, and violations of those rules and procedures are treated extremely seriously,” the department said in an emailed statement. “As a department, we do not and will not tolerate “rough[ing]” up prisoners.”

Trump’s remarks also drew a rebuke from the International Association of Chiefs of Police. In a statement, the group did not specifically mention Trump by name but appeared to respond to his speech by stressing the importance of treating all people, including suspects, with respect.

Police unimpressed after Trump speech encourages rougher treatment of suspects

Sos...whats happening to Sessions .....? or was that so yesterday
I'm amazed he hasn't resigned by now after repeated public humiliation by Trump. He either has no self respect and loves the power to advance his right wing agenda, or hopes Trump will eventually self destruct, leaving him to remain AG for 3.5 or 7.5 more years.

Great takes.

Why the Trump dynasty will last sixteen years | Edward Luttwak

Shattered is a great read btw, well recommended, I would disagree with the author of the TLS piece insofar that it is unbiased I think it was very strongly anti-Sanders but was nonetheless a very useful insight into the dysfunction of the Clinton campaign.
Thanks for posting this article. We have someone at work who keeps counting the number of days the US has to survive the Trump's presidency. I don't dare telling him but I personally think that the Americans will eventually find out what a president for life means.

I think I got everything the author was trying to say in that piece, except the last bit about the comparison with road/tunnel construction in France and Japan. It may not be a question for this thread, but does it really take longer and cost more in the US to build a piece of infrastructure?

Last edited:
I'm amazed he hasn't resigned by now after repeated public humiliation by Trump. He either has no self respect and loves the power to advance his right wing agenda, or hopes Trump will eventually self destruct, leaving him to remain AG for 3.5 or 7.5 more years.
I think most of the "feuds" are manufactured to keep people occupied with guessing rather than watching what's really going on. That's a pretty common feature of authoritarian regimes, as is pitting members of the inner circle against each other and picking someone to bully at any given time. He has been really shitty to Sessions though. Maybe the AG's motives are all of the above.

Reince Priebus clearly another product of that machine the republicans have that just mashes a bunch of syllables together at random to produce 'human' sounding names like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney.

Reince Priebus clearly another product of that machine the republicans have that just mashes a bunch of syllables together at random to produce 'human' sounding names like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney.
Reince, in this case, is a diminutive of Reinhold. Priebus is a not uncommon German surname.

Newt = Newton.

Mitt is, er ... Mitt. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom