Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

That speech to the boy scouts. The man is certifiable.
When the leader of the Boy Scouts is forced to apologise for the behaviour of the President, well . . . .
(It took too long to make, was still pretty feeble and doesn't make up for the Scout Leaders who cheered Trump, but still. . . )

Anthony Scaramucci Called Me to Unload About White House Leakers, Reince Priebus, and Steve Bannon
He started by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. It escalated from there.

“They’ll all be fired by me,” he said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)
Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

Potty Mouth Coms Director!

I always assume the right internationally do stuff after careful deliberation. I reckon the current tactic is to reduce public discourse to a dishonest slanging match to jade people with the democratic process. To cheapen the whole sphere with so many lies, slurs and general arseholiness that people disengage from the only area they have real power in. If your trying to get people not to vote or to vote against their own self interest and convince them there really aren't any heroes anymore then this is the way to do it.

Reactions: CRI
This new communications director is the moment when this show officially jumped the shark, I think, nobody's going to want to watch a second season of this bollocks surely. Then man refers to himself as "The Mooch" instead of 'I'. :D

On TAC Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
The president’s primary problem as a leader is not that he is impetuous, brash or naive. It’s not that he is inexperienced, crude, an outsider. It is that he is weak and sniveling. It is that he undermines himself almost daily by ignoring traditional norms and forms of American masculinity.

He’s not strong and self-controlled, not cool and tough, not low-key and determined; he’s whiny, weepy and self-pitying. He throws himself, sobbing, on the body politic. He’s a drama queen. It was once said, sarcastically, of George H.W. Bush that he reminded everyone of her first husband. Trump must remind people of their first wife. Actually his wife, Melania, is tougher than he is with her stoicism and grace, her self-discipline and desire to show the world respect by presenting herself with dignity.

More:

The way American men used to like seeing themselves, the template they most admired, was the strong silent type celebrated in classic mid-20th century films—Gary Cooper, John Wayne, Henry Fonda. In time the style shifted, and we wound up with the nervous and chattery. More than a decade ago the producer and writer David Chase had his Tony Soprano mourn the disappearance of the old style: “What they didn’t know is once they got Gary Cooper in touch with his feelings they wouldn’t be able to shut him up!” The new style was more like that of Woody Allen. His characters couldn’t stop talking about their emotions, their resentments and needs. They were self-justifying as they acted out their cowardice and anger.

But he was a comic. It was funny. He wasn’t putting it out as a new template for maleness. Donald Trump now is like an unfunny Woody Allen.

Peggy Noonan of all people putting their finger on why Trump's demeanour is unpopular even with conservatives. Donald Trump as a whiny, ineffectual, NYC nebbish is an accurate low blow.

Trump will probably be forgiven by a lot of supporters for ineptitude and finally by some even implementing awful policies that hurt them. However there are signs that conservative patience is wearing thin with having a President who behaves like a petulant eternal teenager rather than a father figure. That may degrade his ability to mobilise low information Republican voters who liked his blustering schtick last time.

I was trying to think of a character in the Sopranos that resembles Trump. None of the back stabbing mobsters really fit. Perhaps Tony's hippy tainted snake of sister Janice.

Last edited:
I always assume the right internationally do stuff after careful deliberation. I reckon the current tactic is to reduce public discourse to a dishonest slanging match to jade people with the democratic process. To cheapen the whole sphere with so many lies, slurs and general arseholiness that people disengage from the only area they have real power in. If your trying to get people not to vote or to vote against their own self interest and convince them there really aren't any heroes anymore then this is the way to do it.

nah = i think its exactly what it looks like - a capricious, bullying, overgrown toddler in charge and a "team" of family members on the take, egotistical media gobshites, psychopaths and myopic dogmatists. They haven't got a clue what they are doing or where they are going and are fighting like rats in a sack.

Imagine if the UK was being run by Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins, Richard Littlejohn, Paul Golding, Paul Dacre and Jacob Ress Mogg. There would be no careful plan behind the chaos - it would just be chaos.

Scaramucci has ballsed up on the first rule of PR in his first week by becoming the story. He's been all over the place. Now, we could give him newbie leeway but there's a blag with Trump (and now Scaramucci) that we should somehow be impressed at their lack of experience in their field.

We can all get frustrated with different professions: psychologists, car sellers, teachers, politicians (less so the ones who work less with the public, such as engineers coz we don't see them as much).

But Trump's cheerleaders want us to believe is that if you don't like profession X then someone from profession Y will automatically be a good fit for the job.
Sick of your doctor? Why not just ask a bus driver what you should do about your kidney infection instead? journalist behind on a deadline? they should get a plumber to do it.

And there is fuck all humility with these shitshow clowns, I know being American and business folk can feed into that, but when it becomes "yeah, it's great - you just don't get it! we're great at politics BECAUSE we ain't politicians" - it's just no argument at all, and it insults everyone's intelligence to pretend otherwise.
Happily for Team Trump, their loyal betas feed off having their intelligence insulted.

nah = i think its exactly what it looks like - a capricious, bullying, overgrown toddler in charge and a "team" of family members on the take, egotistical media gobshites, psychopaths and myopic dogmatists. They haven't got a clue what they are doing or where they are going and are fighting like rats in a sack.

Imagine if the UK was being run by Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins, Richard Littlejohn, Paul Golding, Paul Dacre and Jacob Ress Mogg. There would be no careful plan behind the chaos - it would just be chaos.

Too true, but in the US as in the UK, the careful planning is in the dismantling of public services and infrastructure and the corrupt selling off our assets to their friends while we all have our attention captured by the clown-show.

On TAC Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
Peggy Noonan of all people putting their finger on why Trump's demeanour is unpopular even with conservatives. Donald Trump as a whiny, ineffectual, NYC nebbish is an accurate low blow.

Trump will probably be forgiven by a lot of supporters for ineptitude and finally by some even implementing awful policies that hurt them. However there are signs that conservative patience is wearing thin with having a President who behaves like a petulant eternal teenager rather than a father figure. That may degrade his ability to mobilise low information Republican voters who liked his blustering schtick last time.

I was trying to think of a character in the Sopranos that resembles Trump. None of the back stabbing mobsters really fit. Perhaps Tony's hippy tainted snake of sister Janice.
I'm not sure what point is really served by pointing out that Trump doesn't conform to traditional American notions of masculinity.

This made me think that maybe Trump's demise will be as Al Pacino in the final scene of Scarface - facedown in a pile of cocaine then staggering out to confront the impeachment hearing bellowing "say hello to my little friend" - whilst his clumsy, fat fingers struggle to undo his flies.

I'm not sure what point is really served by pointing out that Trump doesn't conform to traditional American notions of masculinity.
Because oddly enough conservative US voters mostly have very conventional notions on these things and are increasingly reported to be tiring of Trump's patchy set of Alpha Male attributes. It seems they hoped his amusing middle school bully campaign persona would be replaced by something more soberly Mike Pence like once he got into the Oval Office. Trump's scoring pretty well (up in the 60s) in polling on things like the economy. His lack of "Presidential" character may be knocking 10%+ off his favourability ratings.

Because oddly enough conservative US voters mostly have very conventional notions on these things and are increasingly reported to be tiring of Trump's patchy set of Alpha Male attributes. It seems they hoped his amusing middle school bully campaign persona would be replaced by something more soberly Mike Pence like once he got into the Oval Office. Trump's scoring pretty well (up in the 60s) in polling on things like the economy. His lack of "Presidential" character may be knocking 10%+ off his favourability ratings.
So we should encourage macho prejudice because it suits the democratic party?

^Co-founder of the Heritage Foundation.

Last edited:

I don't see the two views as mutually exclusive. When you have a political system where corruption and bullying gets you elected, you're going to get more and more bullies in office. As more bullies get into office, more rational people will consider it not worth delving into. So you get more corruption and bullies by default. It's a feedback loop.

This new communications director is the moment when this show officially jumped the shark, I think, nobody's going to want to watch a second season of this bollocks surely. Then man refers to himself as "The Mooch" instead of 'I'. :D

haha...got to admit, opposite for me...the Mouche has just breathed another whole level of insane energy into the deranged dog and pony show....properly off it's gunders all this : :cool:

Analysis | Anthony Scaramucci’s vulgar New Yorker interview is beyond words

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom